• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*It is just the tail end of spring, going into summer. The rivers are likely to be somewhat swollen. This area gets moderate rainfall, though summers can be hot and muggy.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*One of Allyra's caravan masters comes to the door of the hall and signals to her. It looks like the caravans are nearing readiness, if The Hex is.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Looks like we are good to go. Thank you again for your kind help, Lord Gallis. Much appreciated. I hope we can send you an invitation to join us for dinner in a few months.” With a suggestive wink, she leaves for the wagons.

OOC: How many miles is it to the lake?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Thanee said:
“Looks like we are good to go. Thank you again for your kind help, Lord Gallis. Much appreciated. I hope we can send you an invitation to join us for dinner in a few months.” With a suggestive wink, she leaves for the wagons.
"I'll look forward to it. Best of luck Hex, I expect grand things from you," Lord Gallis says with a brief bow.

*Mounting up and giving the signal, your wagon train swings into motion, taking a few hours to get the whole kit and kaboodle out of Gallis Hall. The woods you pass through are thick, but forays by rangers over the years have made a path of sorts. With an eye to difficult and rugged terrain, your wagons weren't too wide, but still you know you're going to have to start cutting your own road eventually.*

*Your progress the first day isn't terribly much, fifteen miles or so, but with a train your size, you count yourself lucky. A few of your scouts have reported sightings in the woods; half-seen glimpses of gnolls. It seems you're already being watched...*

"There are gnolls afoot." Drakkon will say the obvious. "Perhaps we should throw out a screen of scouts... rangers, and perhaps someone who might tame these creatures? I could go and show them the strength of Kord, and maybe his Might will persuade them to join us. My warriors can stay close to the caravan, in case they do not listen to persuasions."

"Tame them?" others will hear Ishkabar say quietly. "Perhaps trying to trade with them would be better than putting a leash on them. I am sure they would react as badly as any human if we were to try leashing them to a tree and telling them to go fetch!"

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I doubt, that they'll try to hinder us now, but once they know, that we are establishing a base, it is only a matter of time, that they realize, that we will have to come for them as well, so they are either going to move away, if they are scared too much, or try to oppose us, and then I'd expect them to attack us on our ground, before we are finished working, so we better have some scouts around, which warn us in time, so we do not get any unwanted surprises.”

Allyra sends Kira into the air, so she can keep an eye on the surroundings, but orders her to stay out of harm's reach and return every now and then to report anything unusual.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
"We should probably set up a watch tonight or surround the camp with an alarm spell just in case." *Phaeder suggests from under his cloak. He gives a slight shrug.* "They might be hostile or they might not be, but it can't hurt to be safe." He frowns in thought. "Hmmm... I can't be sure, but I seem to remember they're noctural creatures."

*In any case, he gives orders to his people to set up watch shifts.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Allyra chuckles. “An alarm spell will hardly cover the area of our campsite here. It might work when we are travelling alone, but with this little army here, we would need at least a dozen spells to have some decent coverage. But we should definitely have some guards around, for safety's sake.”

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
"An 'army' would be an apt description, and not so far off the mark," Phaeder says wryly, surveying the entire caravan from atop his horse. "The gnolls can't be pleased with our presence here in what they probably consider as their territory. After all, one doesn't just march over over 150 people into the wilderness without being up to something."

Remove ads