• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Before Phaeder's flustered brain can muster much of a response one way or another, Anshul steps to the forefront briefly. His timbre is somewhat deeper and more sonorous, but the voice remains unmistakably Phaeder's.*

"Oh yes, I'm fine, Drakkon. Didn't mean to startle you there. Though a friendly little run sounds wonderful... sitting on a horse all day yesterday has made all my joints rather stiff this morning." *he says cheerfully. Mentally, he adds to Phaeder,* "You have been rather neglecting your exercises lately, whelp. Remember, a healthy body promotes a healthy mind! And stop that glaring. I said I wouldn't volunteer you for a wrestling match without your consent, but I never promised anything else."

*Phaeder merely just heaves a sigh inwardly, resigning himself to the inevitable. It was too early in the morning to get worked up over Anshul's antics anyway. And perhaps a run wouldn't be so bad... he wasn't much of a sprinter, but he could keep up a steady pace well enough.*

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
*Looking on the games with a slightly amused air, Shal spends the time looking over plans for a building with his head architect. Tabitha, stays around and looks bored for a short time until a smiling Shal gives her permission to go join the games, at which point she runs off.*

Xael

First Post
*Rezomael watches the games while walking around the camp. He is more preoccupied thinking about the gnoll problem than the games though, but since he doesn't have any ideas to give right now, he says nothing.*

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*In the morning the party breaks camp, the priests of Kord having determined their new rankings for the day based on who won this morning. Drakkon, of course, maintains his position.*

*You travel for the next two days, constant reports of trailing gnolls dodging your every step. But when you come to rest on the third day, you find a band of gnolls in your chosen clearning. One is clearly broader and stronger than the others, with impressive deliberate scarring all over his arms and chest, depicting a crude picture of a wolf or some sort of other predatory dog. He wears a belt made from some kind of green scaled hide, studded with bone, and carries a sturdy flail made from leather-wrapped wood and carved stone balls.*

*The others are wearing hide armor made from wolves, elk, or moose, and some from stranger creatures. You recognize winter wolf hide, owlbear, and even the rather ancient hide of a black dragon. Some carry highly decorated spears, carved and dangling with parts of various beasts, along with equally decorated shields bearing pictures of predatory beasts. Others carry flails, clubs, slings, or other weapons. Some have deliberate scarring, others have greased and painted their fur in strange patterns in red and black.*

*Two wear elaborate hide headdresses made of triangles of hide that point to the left, one decorated with a gnoll handprint in white, the other with a crude sketch of a raven's head. Both of these gnolls have rattles made from skulls, dangling with other small bones, claws, and beaks. They seem to be waiting for you to make the first move.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“Well, looks like we will be able to talk to them sooner than we thought,” Allyra says to the others, but loud enough, that the gnolls would be able to hear her.

Meanwhile she scans them with her (already running) Arcane Sight to find out more about the auras surrounding them (magic items and active spells) and judge the spellcasting ability of the individuals, starting with the most decorated ones.

Ferrix

Explorer
Perched on the bow of one of the wagons, Trekt gazes out into the gathering of gnolls, his blazing eyes appraising their numbers and worth. His hand subconsciously guided to the handle of his waraxe, it's familiar leather bound grip comforting in his hand. With a whistle he calls Grik out of the aft of the wagon to join him, the goblins ears perking up unusually high.

[Trekt, Listen & Spot +11; Grik, Listen & Spot +13]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Allyra notices the two with the hide headresses have the most magic about them, as well as the one in front. The others have some minor magical auras around some of the trinkets on their weapons or on the armor they wear. None seem to be as powerful as you, however.*

*Trekt and Grik are able to spot several gnoll archers in the surrounding trees. It would appear there are a few dozen of them up there...*

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Riding along on Farstepper, Phaeder is lost in his own thoughts until he is jolted out of them by his horse stopping abruptly (after all, it has a higher Spot and Listen than he does....). Craning his neck around (he's probably somewhere in the middle of the wagon train as he's mostly useless for scouting or any sort of advance warning), he sees the gnolls in the clearing just as Allyra makes her comment.*

Well, they seem willing to talk... I think. I suppose that's a good sign, he thinks to himself. Better than I had hoped, really. *Nudging his horse to the side for a better view, he examines them more closely, taking note of the larger gnoll, the ritual scarring, and the odd headresses.* Somehow I don't think I'd be the right person to talk to them... Drakkon perhaps? Gnolls respect strength and little else. *For now, he'll hold where he is and see how the others react.*

[How many gnolls are we looking at in the clearing? Also, a Sense Motive check +10 to see guage the general mood of the gnolls please. And either a bardic knowledge check +16 or Knowledge (history) +15 or Knowledge (local) +10 (whichever one of these applies) to see if he knows anything about the white gnoll handprint or raven's head decoration on the headresses, or the significance of the strange patterns in red and black greasepaint, if any.]

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

Sitting on the first wagon, Allyra waits for Drakkan, Shal or Phaeder to open the conversation, hoping that someone speaks the language of these creatures or they one of the civilized tongues.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads