• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Objects and Artifacts? Which do you Love?

I have no idea how they planned to control them. Maybe they thought their Druid could do some reeducation to make the Chuul not evil. Or maybe they had plans to build a little dungeon for them.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have always loved the Quiver of Ehlonna. Very utilitarian, inexpensive, flexible.

By saying the command word in the air, we dropped an Instant Fortress on a BBEG once. The DM allowed the stunt to work, crushing him, but ruled that its enchantment was broken in the process.

BigBro359

First Post
I have always loved the Quiver of Ehlonna. Very utilitarian, inexpensive, flexible.

By saying the command word in the air, we dropped an Instant Fortress on a BBEG once. The DM allowed the stunt to work, crushing him, but ruled that its enchantment was broken in the process.

What doe the Quiver of Ehlonna do?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It is one of the "bigger on the inside" items, like Heward's Handy Haversack and the Bag of Holding.

It is a relatively normal looking quiver, but has space within for a half dozen spears, a bunch of javelins and a host of arrows or bolts.

...or anything that resembles them in size & shape.

So you could put staves in the spear section, or wands where bolts would go.

BigBro359

First Post
So in my campaign, I have created three suits of armor. The general idea is that the Gems of Teravast are still the end game, but there are a total of three suits of legendary, god like power. They represent Order (Law), Chaos (Chaotic), and Balance (Neutral) The Balanced is the most powerful, and is powered by the Gems of Teravast. However, the armor that my player came up with is, unknown to them, the armor of Chaos. The armor's major drawback is that, because it is made of dragon bones, the spirits of those dragons are locked within it. The powers the armor grants come from said dragons, but, they are sentient. And they hate the user of the armor's guts. And so every day, the wearer must convince at least one of the dragon spirits inside to help him through role playing and dice rolling. The other draw back is that the power is only activated by putting on the helmet, but the every time the helmet is donned, they must roll a d20. If the roll is 2 or less, the dragons in the armor take control, and they will kill everything in sight until either A) The wearer is dead, B) Someone else manages to remove the helmet, or C) Every living thing in the immediate sight of the wearer is dead.

BigBro359

First Post
So, still in line with my chaos, order, and neutral armors, I need help coming up with ideas for the other classes. Nobody wants to play and then just watch the final battle, so I need ideas to make other things for the other classes. They need engaging backstories as well, but I can probably come up with them.

ccs

41st lv DM
Another favorite is The Aparatus of Kawlish (sp?)
It often appears somewhere in any campaign I run.

My only complaint: Why doesn't anyone make a model of this thing??

Orius

Legend
I've always liked non-lethal cursed items myself, just to mess with the players. The girdle of femininity/masculinity has always been a favorite because it doesn't directly harm the PC, but players are usually disturbed by the sex change. Another fun item is the bureaucratic ring of wizardry from 2e's Tome of Magic. It acts like a normal ring of wizardry, but when you cast any spell at all, a disembodied quill pen appears in the wizard's hands with a bunch of forms that take 1 round per spell level to fill out before the spell takes effect.

A non-cursed joke item I got from an (April) issue of Dragon was the ring of spell "turning". It spells out the word "turning" spelling bee style with a disembodied voice whenever a hostile spell is cast at the wearer.

Remove ads