• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Objects and Artifacts? Which do you Love?

BigBro359

First Post
My current 4e campaign has several artefacts in it:

* The Eye of Venca (which Vecna tried to get back, but didn't);

* The Sword of Kas (which the PCs recently recovered, after returning it to Kas 15 levels ago);

* Whelm, a dwarven thrower hammer reforged into the two-handed Maul Overwhelm;

* The Crystal of Ebon Flame, in which is trapped Ygorl, the Slaad Lord of Entropy;

* And the Rod of Seven Parts, currently with six collected.

An impressive array, to be sure. One that I am considering creating is The Bells of Hell. Admittedly, part of me wants to use them for the sake of being able to play hell's bells by AC/DC in game. However, I am considering making a side quest be to stop them from being rung. If the opportunity to send them on the quest arrises, I will send them, but otherwise, they just will never exist. Essentially, the idea behind them would be that they have to be brought to the gates of hell and rung, which will signify the apocalypse. The armies of hell amass, and all of the fallen one's parts are brought together.
By that, I mean his various representations, from mephistophiles and satan to lucifer and Beazelbub, all of them come together to form the fallen one. It is an endgame, if rung.
Probably.
I suppose the armors of order, chaos, and balance could possibly defeat him.

Remove ads