Major iplay4e update! Manage campaigns, full text search, UI redesign, tablet view

jigsawsaint

First Post
A major update is available at:

iPlay4e - play 4e Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) online!

Campaign Management
Campaigns group together players and characters for sharing and easy reference. All it takes to create one is a name and an optional campaign world. Once you have a campaign, you can add other players by entering their Google email address or their iPlay4e handle. You and the other players can add your characters to the campaign, where they are all visible at once - including status like current hit points and power usage.

Browser Interface Redesign
There's a whole new look and feel for iPlay4e on the desktop. The full-screen character sheet has been refreshed, and is no longer hidden behind an obscure icon. Characters are stacked vertically to avoid side-to-side scrolling, and default to a combat bar view that lets you monitor the health of several characters at once. The View menu lets you expand them all or open each in a separate window.

Full Text Search
The search feature has been changed to return characters and campaigns based on what you type. Need a level 7 defender for a guest player? Search for "defender 7". Want to see all paragon tier fighters? Search for "fighter 11-20". Want to see all of the campaigns in your favorite setting? Search for "forgotten".

More Mobile Functionality
All of the site's features, including characters, campaigns, and search, are now available on your mobile device.

Optimized Tablet Interface
A variation on the full-screen sheet, this interface is optimized for use on tablets. Now you know why Apple developed the iPad - to be the coolest character sheet that ever existed!

User Handles
Use the new Settings menu to specify a unique handle for yourself on iPlay4e. Your handle will appear in the campaigns you join, and others may use your handle to invite you to new campaigns. Perfect for setting up play-by-post games where you might not want to post your email address to a forum.

Google Wave and other Embedding Features
You're already able to embed your character on your web site, on Epic Words, or as a gadget in Google Wave, Google Desktop, and iGoogle. Now you can embed your campaigns as well!

Special Note
The new campaign features replace the old "sharing" functionality of iplay4e. If you were using shared characters before, you will want to set up your campaigns as soon as possible.

jigsawsaint

First Post
Another minor update

We just pushed a minor update to the site:

• Hit point interface is much improved thanks to feedback from all you lovely people. Most functions are available directly on the main screen now.
  • Sharing issues are resolved. There was some confusion about capital letters in people's Google account IDs, as well as gmail vs. googlemail problems. All fixed!
  • Embedded campaigns now have a sign in/out link directly visible, so you can sign into iPlay4e directly from the embedding site.

newhpinterface.jpg

Cheers,
Andrew

physicscarp

Explorer
I had forgotten to print my character sheet for last night's game, so I used iPlay4e on my laptop to run my character. It worked flawlessly. Easy to use and track everything I needed to (with one exception...I didn't see a way to enter gold gained). Thanks for taking the time to build this.

jigsawsaint

First Post
I had forgotten to print my character sheet for last night's game, so I used iPlay4e on my laptop to run my character. It worked flawlessly.

Glad to hear it!

Easy to use and track everything I needed to (with one exception...I didn't see a way to enter gold gained).

That's because there isn't one ;) That's on the list for next release, along with editing of Notes/Appearance/Traits/Companions (which I hope helps make up for anything else that's missing, just make a note) and a button for rolling damage and attacks at the same time.

It should only be about a week before that release; some of it's already up on our public beta site:

iPlay4e - play 4e Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) online!

Thanks for taking the time to build this.

Cheers,
Andrew

Remove ads