• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Major problems with mozilla and these boards,

Liolel

First Post
When I use mozilla on the pc I can't post to these boards. I can get to the new post screen but the text feild that you type your posts on doesn't work. It gray and it doesn't work.

I've tried mozilla 1.5 and 1.6

I had to post in internet explorer to get this post up.

Michael Morris

First Post
Liolel said:
When I use mozilla on the pc I can't post to these boards. I can get to the new post screen but the text feild that you type your posts on doesn't work. It gray and it doesn't work.

I've tried mozilla 1.5 and 1.6

I had to post in internet explorer to get this post up.

K, are javascript and cookies enabled?

Liolel

First Post
Yes both are enabled. I'm going to try firefox and see if it would A: work, and B: be a suitable replacement for firefox.

Michael Morris

First Post
Liolel said:
Fire fox works. Except that the writing in the new post screen is black on dark gray.

That's due to an error in the way firefox implements CSS style sheets. You're the 9th person to complain of it though - Me go work on fix now.

Allanon

Explorer
Michael Morris said:
Fix complete.

One other thing I noticed when browsing the board with Mozilla Firebird is that the drop-down menu's don't seem to work. If I use IE they're fin but under Firebird they're just clickable text (and the 'EN World' one does nothing).
Also Manage Attachements doesn't seem to work :(.

Michael Morris

First Post
Allanon said:
One other thing I noticed when browsing the board with Mozilla Firebird is that the drop-down menu's don't seem to work. If I use IE they're fin but under Firebird they're just clickable text (and the 'EN World' one does nothing).
Also Manage Attachements doesn't seem to work :(.

Both of those problems lie with Firebird. Note that according to it's own maker it is "not complete" and "should not be used as your primary browser."

Guys, none of the code on this site is my creation - it's vbulletin and it has been extensively tested over the last year to run on the largest gamut of browsers possible. Some of the worst of these glitches really need to be reported to customer service at vbulletin.com, not me.

Incomplete browsers (i.e. Firebird), really old browsers (i.e. Netscape 4.0) and the like won't render these pages correctly. But I'm quite certain that the users of these browsers are already encountering similar problems with other sites - often for the same reasons.

Vbulletin tries to insure that it sends a version of the page best suited to the browser you use by using a HTTP_USER_REQ call to determine your browser and OS (Reapersaurus used to have a signature file that used the same call to display the information to you in his sig until we killed HTML sig files - why I have no idea). Based on what your browser tells it the program returns the best setup it can.

I am working when I can to fully implement some back areas of the code to allow for these problem browsers - code such as the no drop downs version of the navbar. However, my free time is very limited and I have *lot* to do and/or figure out how to do. Even when I do get around to it, I don't have a reliable way to test it because I don't have an older/incomplete browser on my system. It takes enough poking to make sure IE 6, NS 7, Opera 7 and Safari work properly.

Remove ads