Making A Custom Gaming Table

A chap named Jan-Oliver Ohloff from Germany has shown off some photographs of his fantastic new gaming table. It contains a 40-inch plasma TV and (apart from the actual TV) was built by hand. It cost around 400 euros ($450) in total - 100 euros for the used plasma TV, and 300 for the materials.

A chap named Jan-Oliver Ohloff from Germany has shown off some photographs of his fantastic new gaming table. It contains a 40-inch plasma TV and (apart from the actual TV) was built by hand. It cost around 400 euros ($450) in total - 100 euros for the used plasma TV, and 300 for the materials.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

There are also some photographs from the building process.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b4.jpg

TheSwartz

Explorer
I thought that mounting a plasma horizontally was a bad idea...

I think the issue is one of glass fragility when transporting in the horizontal position

https://www.avforums.com/threads/myth-or-fact-can-you-lay-down-a-plasma-tv-for-transport.1436990/

Another issue with some Plasma is heat; Also, he mentions it's 'used', older models used a lot of electricity too if I recall.

All those issues aside, though, I still love how Plasma's look! But LEDs do continue to get better and cheaper.

Morlock

Banned
Banned
I remember seeing a page or thread somewhere of a guy who had done this, like 10 years ago. I guess the economics of it are more feasible now, though. Pretty awesome battlemat, in theory.

Remove ads

Remove ads