• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Making meals of Monsters

Orius

Legend
This sounds very much like the game I currently play in. One character - Marek - who recently retired from the party was a master chef, and a Hobbit to boot. Another character - Aknot the Part-Orc - likes to eat what he kills; thus Marek was constantly having his considerable cooking skills put to the severest of tests.

The menu has at times included:

"Man-cow steaks" (a.k.a. haunch of Minotaur, a perennial favourite)
"Calamari" (a.k.a. Mind Flayer tentacles, as noted in quote above)
"Leg (and arm, and most other parts) of Derro"
"Seasoned Kuo-toa" (apparently they taste awful if not seasoned)

One shouldn't forget Hydra Heads, which if used properly can be a renewable resource.

nedjer

Adventurer
Not sure if this qualifies; but I've a couple of down on their luck PCs paying their debts at the local organ donation facility, which supplies body parts, regional delicacies and potion components.

A few hundred yards away the rest of the split party have finally made contact with the Drow merchant they've been looking for. She lays on a fabulous and exotic meal, including a number of Drow favourites . . . very tasty liver pate, cherry glazed ribs, a pungent, blood red wine . . .

InkwellIdeas

Adventurer
Publisher
I've got a few dishes named (but no recipes) in my Random inn Generator:

Wyvern Tail in Ginger & Cinnamon
Cockatrice Liver pate and Bread
Spicy Hellhound Claws

and about 10 others, along with normal dishes.

And I'd love to add a few new dish names to the list! Great thread idea.

Last edited:

KOM

First Post
recipes?

never thouhg of that but i have a cook, makes a good Rino stew. some carrots, potatos and peper. will get back to you on the rest

Remove ads