Making new D&D work for old D&D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Piratecat said:
People actually use these? Good God. I'd rather grapple, pummel and overbear -- and that's saying something.

No, no, 1E Initiative rules!

Take the absolute value of the difference between the losing initiative die roll and the speed factor of the weapon used by the character making a melee attack, and compare it to the casting time (in segments) of the spell being cast...

1E Initiative rules were awesome.

-Hyp.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Funk is dead. Long live metal. :p :)
Not so long as both George Clinton and Prince are alive *grin* And fo course for the funk bassists Larry Graham, inventor of slapbass and Les Claypool's reason for existence.

Hagen

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Sorry but I'm kind of old school. I'm all about Black Flag, Anthrax, Megadeth, and new metal like Lamb of God and Shadow's Fall. Funk is dead for me. Nothing against GC, but metal is where it's at.

Olive

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Sorry but I'm kind of old school. I'm all about Black Flag, Anthrax, Megadeth, and new metal like Lamb of God and Shadow's Fall. Funk is dead for me. Nothing against GC, but metal is where it's at.

Sorry to derail this thread, but call a punk band like Black Flag metal again, and I'll flying over to the US to lay down a world of hurt... :]

SSquirrel

Explorer
Olive said:
Sorry to derail this thread, but call a punk band like Black Flag metal again, and I'll flying over to the US to lay down a world of hurt... :]
Well the only way you could NOT say this is if your only exposure to Black Flag was the comp album Everything Went Black with the work of teh singers pre-Rollins. By the end of Black Flag Rollins had twisted the band into basically metal. Then he left and Flag broke up (roughly) and he formed Rollins Band, which just continued where he left off with Flag.

*music geeks*

Hagen

Olive

Explorer
SSquirrel said:
Well the only way you could NOT say this is if your only exposure to Black Flag was the comp album Everything Went Black with the work of teh singers pre-Rollins. By the end of Black Flag Rollins had twisted the band into basically metal. Then he left and Flag broke up (roughly) and he formed Rollins Band, which just continued where he left off with Flag.

*music geeks*

Hagen

Where's the metal on Damaged, or most of the rollins stuff. Event he wierd late BF stuff isn't metal. It's experiemntal and tweaked to hell, but it ain't no Anthrax (even if they were the punkest of the thrash bands...)

But enough of this, unless you want to start another thread on the OT forum.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
SSquirrel said:

*music geeks*

Hagen

Show me the metal on "Damaged", or hell, even most of The Rollins Band's stuff is more Alternative than metal.

danzig138

Explorer
Olive said:
Can I do it for him? Black Flag is a metal band. :) Not nearly as metal as some other punk bands like The Exploited, but more metal than Flipper. Sorry, but a lot of punk bands have an awful lot in common with metal; so much, that it struck me funny someone being bothered by the comparison. Punk sems to be used as a label for all sorts that I wouldn't consider punk, so I don't think calling BF metal is a big deal. Heck, people call Social D punk. . .

Remove ads