Malhavoc Press signs on for Volume 3

GF Jeff

First Post
Gaming Frontiers Volume 3, due to hit stands in July, will feature an exclusive preview of Monte Cook's upcoming 128-page mega-adventure The Banewarrens.

This mega-dungeon takes characters from 6th to 10th level and utilizes material from both books of Eldritch Might.

Volume 3 may also feature another exciting article from Monte Cook, but that's still being decided.

Other publishers tentatively included in Gaming Frontiers Volume 3 include Fantasy Flight Games, Pinnacle Entertainment, Mystic Eye Games, Thunderhead Games, Dark Portal Games, AEG and many more.

Gaming Frontiers Volume 2 just went to the printers and should be out by late March / early April. We have added 20 pages to bring the final page count up to 160, but the price remains the same.

The Gaming Frontiers staff will be at MegaCon this weekend in Orlando, FL, and we'll have Volume 1 artist Patrick Keith on hand to sign copies. If you see us, give us a holler and you may just get a book and two smacks across the mouth if we like ya!

Jeffrey S. Carter
Head Writer / Assistant Editor
Gaming Frontiers
www.gamingfrontiers.com
United Playtest, Inc.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm glad to see that part of the SSS legion is in #3. In addition, I think that it's great that you've added twenty pages to #2 without increasing the price. That's over half a module's worth of material free.

One of the things I am wondering about though, is will GF use non-gaming advertisers in the future? i.e. Computer Games, X-Box, or other? Perhaps a brief d20 article could be included and the ad featured after the article like the current publishers are doing things?

GF Jeff

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
I'm glad to see that part of the SSS legion is in #3. In addition, I think that it's great that you've added twenty pages to #2 without increasing the price. That's over half a module's worth of material free.
One of the things I am wondering about though, is will GF use non-gaming advertisers in the future? i.e. Computer Games, X-Box, or other? Perhaps a brief d20 article could be included and the ad featured after the article like the current publishers are doing things?

We're pretty darn happy to have some possible SSS representation as well in Volume 3. We respect those folks a lot.

We're also glad we could add the 20 pages to Volume 2 without upping the cost. We get so many great submissions from all the d20 publishers and freelancers that it's incredibly difficult to pick and choose amongst them, especially as gamers ourselves. Unfortunately some things still didn't make the cut, but we were able to fit what we felt were the best submissions. Volume 2 is huge!

As far as non-gaming (rpg) related advertising, it's not something we've looked into. But while Gaming Frontiers is and always will be a d20 focused, the console/PC gaming freak in me won't let go. I managed to work Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for the PS2 into the Gear section for Volume 2, but that's only because it uses the 3E rules (loosely). I'm not sure what you mean by "a brief d20 article followed by an ad" - unless you mean that a freelancer could possibly write a d20 article based on some console/PC game property, and then said company may be interested in placing an ad? I don't know if that's a direction we'd like to go in. The gamer in me says "Hell Yeah", but the tabletop guy in me says "You gotta keep 'em seperated". If you've got any ideas I would love to hear them. You've got my e-mail, Joe.

What does everyone else think about this? Does console / PC gaming have a place in the pages of Gaming Frontiers?

Jeffrey S. Carter
Head Writer / Assistant Editor
Gaming Frontiers
www.gamingfrontiers.com
United Playtest, Inc.

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I myself find that there are often some really cool monsters and other neat bits and pieces that look like they'd work great in any game. However, that doesn't mean that the whole game deserves d20 treatment.

While I'm not too fond of the computer articles in Dragon, that's just because of the direction they take with 'em.

Remove ads