Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Scared into doing what the others want him to Aedan quickly goes to a loose floor board by the bedroll. Lifting it he pulls out a small journal. Viktor wastes no time snatching it out of the man's hand. "What is this?" he asks.

"It is the map to the temple," Aedan replies. "It is not a traditional map the only way to reach it in the ever changing landscape of the desert is to follow the directions, I have writin there." he says a shaky hand pointing to the book. "Take it! If it will buy your silence, tell noone I am here. It will not be a lie for I will not be as soon as I can."

Viktor snaps the book shut and says to the others, "Come on let's get out of here." Noticing Reis's shoulder for the first time the young warrior winces, "Maybe we should take care of that first."

[sblock=OOC] Just some clean up (like pulling a bolt out of someones arm) and we can be back off to town to finish this. Anything else anyone wants to do before returning to the DTC compound let me know. [/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Reis nods faintly. "We should, yes..."

Seeing Aedan's obvious fear, his anger seems to fade somewhat. "Listen, we truly had no ill intent... only wanted a look at the map. We'll be off soon, and I hope no harm comes of it."

As he finishes speaking, Reis' hand drifts up and probes his wound carefully, trying to determine if it is safe to pull out the bolt.

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

"Oh, let the healing light of Hyrag help you." Midias speaks a short prayer, the bolt detatches itself from the wound and the flesh knits together seamlessly.

[sblock=OOC]
cure light wounds (1d8+3=11)
---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 16/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command, Shield of Faith

Effects: -

XP:1.200 (+337.5xp each)
Gold: 264
Get in adventure: 4/5 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rewards:

[sblock=Experience]
Basic arrow trap - CR 1 = 300xp divide by three = 100xp each
Aedan (Rogue2) - EL 2 = 600xp divided by three = 200xp each

For a grand total of 300xp each [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Following Midias's healing of the half-elf, Viktor leads the group back to the city. It's a quiet walk as you reflect on the past two days events.

Finally reaching the city a few hours from night fall you make your way back to Market street. Tired no one objects to returning the map and finally being done with their work for The Detirman Trade Company as soon as possible.

Worst off is Reis who seems to be getting worse, a cough added to the fever and sweats he already has. But he motions for you to push on and the rest of you do. Reaching the compound you are asked by the guards to wait, as the send a messenger in.

A half hour later a man in robes and a white turban comes to holding the second money bag you were offered upon returning. He takes the journal from Viktor looks it over and then hands the man the pouch, turning back into the compound he almost trots back the way he had come from.

"Your Welcome, hrpmh." Viktor says to the mans back. Viktor divides up the coins keeping Dane's and says, "I'll go back to the hospice tommorrow and check on him, right now I want some good food and wine. Maybe you should go looking for a healer Reis. Goodbye and I will see you at the Red Dragon soon."

The young noble heads off whistling a tune as he finly feels free of his obligation to the awful DTC company.

[sblock=Reward] 5 platnium dragons each
Sorry this adventure ran treasure light you were suppose to get half from Aedan's stuff after you sold it if you wanted it.[/sblock]

[sblock=clean up] Midias is ok to head whereever you wish WD I will get these rewards approved as fast as I can. Reis however is another story. Sorry Errandir. Ok options are to find a priest and have them cast remove disease on you cost: 150gp, sleep it off and see if you make your save in the morning (I'l roll that if you decide on it), go get a healer to take care of you and you could use their check instead of your save (I believe you are at -1 Fort right now). [/sblock]

[sblock=ScorpionRisk] If you are still keeping tabs you could auto fail your saves and your character would die if you wish. If not I will roll off Dane's saves and see if he can be saved. [/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Thanks for a fun game!

[sblock=ooc]Okay, I think Reis will go looking for a healer now, and maybe stay there for three or four days. If he still hasn't shaken off the disease by then, he'll pay the 150 gp for cure disease.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Your all Welcome.

[sblock=Reis] looking for a healer Takes most of the night to find a fair healer
saves vs DC12 = 6, 22 Heal check successfully treats the disease

Another 24 hours in the healers care will have your abilities back to normal. If you wish not to opt for this subtract 3sp from bill.

Hospital Bill:
Treatment and overnight care = 240sp
24 hour care to elevate symptoms = 3sp
Healer's kit useage (1 use) = 57sp

Total = 300sp
Total time = about 34 hours[/sblock]

Remove ads