Mandalorian gets 15 Emmy Nominations!!! (including Outstanding Drama Series)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
In yet more evidence the Disney owns entertainment the Mandalorian (and baby Yoda) has received 15 Emmy Nominations including Outstanding Drama Series.

It got lots of nominations for its sound/music, make-up, costume design and cinematography as well as guest actor in a drama series (Giancarlo Esposito) and Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance (Taika Waititi).

Apparently Watchmen had the highest nomination total ever (26) but not Outstanding Drama, which does bode well for season 2 and the Empires ongoing battle with the forces of Netflix

Last edited:

I do agree that the Mandalorian's costume design and look are outstanding. Well deserving of recognition. But I hope that the writing improves.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Apparently Watchmen had the highest nomination total ever (26) but not Outstanding Drama, which does bode well for season 2 and the Empires ongoing battle with the forces of Netflix

Watchmen isn’t nominated for Drama, because it was a Limited Series; it was nominated (and is the favorite) for that category.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As of now, it looks like Damon Lindelof is not interested in doing a second season of Watchmen. He conceived it as a closed story, and is done. And, at least some of the cast are of the opinion that if Lindelof is not involved, they aren't interested either.

Without the same showrunner, a second season would be very much a crapshoot.

Eilathen

Explorer
When i read the thread-title i was "WHAAAT?!!!?!" ... but looking at the categories, OK, I guess costume design is deserved. But outstanding drama? Hell no! As an overall show (especially the content) was really disappointing to me. Waaaay too episodic, almost no interesting expansion on the lore/myth...just not what i hoped for or expected.
The Mandalorian was one of the biggest letdowns for me, TV-Show wise. But to be honest, at this point, i don't really expect anything regarding SW from Disney anymore. They have shown that they can't produce convincing SW stuff overall.

The only thing I really like from them is Rebels.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
...just not what i hoped for or expected.

Not meeting hopes and expectations is a problem for a show, but... I view that as a marketing issue, not actually an issue of the show's quality. A show can be really good, but not meet my expectations.

The Mandalorian should be in the running for many of those artistic and technical awards. I don't think it really qualifies there - it was, in most ways, a pretty standard Western in its dramatic form, and I am not sure that cuts the mustard for an award.

Remove ads