Mansions of Madness: A Boardgame/RPG crossover?

catsclaw227

First Post
I was reading about Mansions of Madness, as I am recently getting hooked on Arkham Horror, and it looks like a boardgame RPG crossover.

Fantasy Flight Games [Mansions of Madness - Description] - Leading publisher of board, card, and roleplaying games.

FF Website said:
Designed by Corey Konieczka, Mansions of Madness is a scenario-driven board game of occult horror and mystery for two to five players. In it, one player takes on the role of the keeper, a malevolent force working to complete a sinister plot, and all other players take on the roles of investigators, the unlikely heroes who gather to oppose him.

Are there other games like this? What do you think?

FunkBGR

Explorer
I hate Fantasy Flight Games, and their ability to produce games that I simply CANNOT resist.

I think Descent has some RPG elements in a board game. Honestly, I see this as a crossover of Arkham and Descent. I think it looks like it's taking some of the best elements of both and mixing them.

I'm still somewhat skeptical about some of the this game, as Fantasy Flight is notorious for making "board-games-that-say-they-take-2-hours-but-really-take-6-or-so". Getting older makes playing longer games suck (I'm looking at you Twilight Imperium!)

Remove ads