Map of the New Forest

Dioltach

Legend
I'd love to live in a place with 1000+ years of history. That's really cool.
History can crop up in strange places. I was born in a crap village in the Black Country. We moved away when I was four and I never went back until I was in my late twenties. Found out that it dates back to around 600 AD, and for a while was even the capital of Mercia.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
History can crop up in strange places. I was born in a crap village in the Black Country. We moved away when I was four and I never went back until I was in my late twenties. Found out that it dates back to around 600 AD, and for a while was even the capital of Mercia.
Tamworth? I was reading up on the Heptarchy a couple of weeks ago

as to OP I love those old illustrated maps...

Dioltach

Legend
Tamworth? I was reading up on the Heptarchy a couple of weeks ago

as to OP I love those old illustrated maps...
Stone, actually, a bit to the north-west of Tamworth.

My parents used to have a set of three old (about 1750s-1830s) illustrated maps of Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire. Framed originals, not reproductions. They picked them up at a car boot sale back in the 1970s. I wonder if they still have them ...

Meh, we dig up flint arrowheads in our garden.

Remove ads