Map of the RPG Community

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Using the twice-ENnie honorable-mentioned Hexographer, I whipped up this map of the RPG community. I based it on member figures - one hex represents 1000 members. It's a work in progress, and just a bit of fun.

This ONLY represents online community, not sales figures of RPG companies or overall traffic to websites. It's based solely on membership figures, with all the pitfalls such an approach may involve. Don't take it too seriously.

Click on the map below to jump to the super-duper interactive map! You can just click on the "countries" to jump straight to that website!

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll try and add some more later. I'm going to steer away from the smaller communities, though, for the simple reason that there are hundreds of them and many would only be a single hex or so. Imagemapping the hyperlinks would be an utter nightmare, and the map would get very cluttered. I think 3000 members or so is a reasonable cut-off (although I have made a couple of exceptions).

I've added Story Games and UK Roleplayers.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Interesting! Some more data - Yog-sothoth has 7,000 members, rpg.net 50,000, and therpgsite 2000, the Forge 9000.

YS isn't on there yet. The others are already there. RPGnet's that enormous blue thing in the middle!

Remove ads