Maps and Stuff

LRonKnieval

First Post
Thanks guys,

Here's the latest draft, I added the scale bar and a couple of locations.

The distance from Mt. Barakus to the edge of the world is now 5,200 miles
(about the distance from NYC to Istambul)

Anyway, I need to know what things actually schould be labled on the "big" world map. For details, I think we should go back to an older version of the Kessel . We're going to need two maps (at least) to cover most of the information you guys have already fleshed out.
If I cut down a version of one of the older maps from the Serewail to the Shattered Islands, that ought to do it. There's, a lot of information that needs to be organized in that area. I'd like to focus on that (so we can finish it) before detailing the fiend lands.
Anyway, heres the lates link..
www.members.aol.com/looleee/DF.Draft8.gif
Tell me what else needs to be labled and I'll finish it up, and send it to Morrus..
Tim

Last edited:

Warchild

First Post
Doh! I just looked at the new map, which looks great by the way. The new map shows Lavernum on the southern end of the second biggest island, where as the old map had it on the northern end of the biggest island. The write-up i did for Lavernum was based on the old map. Was there a change in the landscape?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Warchild said:
Doh! I just looked at the new map, which looks great by the way. The new map shows Lavernum on the southern end of the second biggest island, where as the old map had it on the northern end of the biggest island. The write-up i did for Lavernum was based on the old map. Was there a change in the landscape?

I think only LRK can reveal that. I don't think it was a major change just a subtle one. Does the Lavernum setting have to be on the bigger of the 2 islands?

Warchild

First Post
Well, if it isn't the write-up is going to have to be altered! :)
I saw one of his (an earlier one i guess) that had it on the northern part.
All things being equal, it wouldn't bother me so much. It would make sense that since they foster ....er profit from wars on other islands mostly, that the big one is the one thats so chaotic and has nations constantly at war with each other, with Lavernum an its protectorates snuggled all nice and neat on its smaller island.
Either way, something needs fixing. I imagine its easier to alter the text, rather than the map. :)

Remove ads