D&D General Maps, Maps, Maps! Dungeons, Ruins, Caverns, Temples, and more... aka Where Dyson Dumps His Maps.

Windsong Hall

Windsong-Hall.jpg

While most of the “dungeons” remaining from the great war had very “utilitarian” entrances (so the elves wouldn’t find and destroy them), some few of the more ornate structures remain as they were never assaulted during the war for one reason or another. In the case of Windsong Hall, the owners were collaborators and provided intelligence on the erstwhile allies to the elves and thus were raided on a few occasions, but never obliterated.

Windsong Hall’s entry is a two-level affair – the main entrance at ground level leads into the main octagonal antechamber, while the stairs on each side lead up to doors that open on to a mezzanine level that looks down on that main chamber.

Today, Windsong Hall is the home to a reclusive mutant wizard with a tendency towards chaos and self-experimentation. The scion of the original Windsong family, others of the family also reside here under his patronage (and also generally trying to avoid him as he falls further into madness and the sway of chaos).

The 1200 dpi versions of the map were drawn at a scale of 300 pixels per square and are 9,600 pixels (32 squares) wide. To use this with a VTT you would need to resize the squares to either 70 pixels (for 5′ squares), or 140 pixels (for the recommended 10′ squares) – so resizing the image to either 2,240 pixels or 4,480 pixels wide.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh wait, did they finally leak some of my Giant work?!?!?

(and what on earth is going on with the weird colour fills that just don't make sense on the right map?)
Yeah, the video had a "blue sky and clouds" backdrop, and they put the map up as an ocerlay: don't think that's how they will look in the book?

The Gallery Cave & The Gallery Pit

galleries-combined.jpg

The Gallery Cave is where the townsfolk of Whitehold River gather to deal with “town hall” type events and discussions. The cave is a grand gallery with a sunken main area and chambers around the perimeter that have been connected by passages (caves and excavations) around the main gallery.

Events are presided by the noble family of Solustus from the circular platform that overlooks the main gallery. The three smaller caverns to the south are where the three other major families of Whitehold River gather for these meetings, and most of the discussion is between these factions while the townsfolk look on and occasionally interject from the lower galleries.

I’ve also included a different version of this same map, minus the main gallery. Instead of the gallery floor for the common folk, gatherings here take place over a massive pit that descends to massive caverns a hundred feet below.

Here the gatherings have a darker tone and are likely to be the equivalent of a court overseen by the Solustus clan and the other major families of the hold. And for the worst crimes, the punishment is to be unceremoniously kicked into the pit.

The 1200 dpi versions of the map were drawn at a scale of 300 pixels per square and are 9,600 pixels (32 squares) wide. To use this with a VTT you would need to resize the squares to either 70 pixels (for 5′ squares) or 140 pixels (for 10′ squares) – so resizing it to either 2,240 pixels wide or 4,480 pixels wide, respectively.

The Demon Spires

Demon-Spires.jpg

The two towers of the “Demon Spires” jut out of the stony terrain offering no entry doors to the curious. A small fortification on the edge of the stony plateau offers access to the towers and an underground complex beneath them.

The whole complex was overwhelmed in the last month by a small army of deranged halflings – several years ago someone under kopru control transported a kopru egg into the cisterns beneath the spires, and once that kopru was mature enough, it had one of the guards keep the gates open for the halfling invasion (the halflings of the nearby town having been taken over by kopru already).

The 1200 dpi versions of the map were drawn at a scale of 300 pixels per square and are 12,300 pixels (41 squares) wide. To use this with a VTT you would need to resize the squares to either 70 pixels (for 5′ squares) or 140 pixels (for 10′ squares) – so resizing it to either 2,870 pixels wide or 5,740 pixels wide, respectively.

The Ebonhill Tombs

Ebonhill-tombs.jpg

The main entrance to this cavern is marked by a double-row of large rocks each with an old candle atop it leading to the side cavern containing the eponymous tombs – a cave with 11 niches in the walls used as crypts for elder priests of the Nilzar tribes. The centre of the cave drops down about 30 feet to a pool below where deceased enemies of the tribe are thrown, “witnessed” by the elder priests.

Also on the upper level are another set of tombs in the main cave, looking down over the cave. These stone sarcophagi predate the Nilzar tribes and are maintained by the Nilzar guardians as elders and precursors, possibly even divine creatures who were here before them. On the east side of the complex is a smaller cave used by the guardians – one is always left at the cave to maintain the tombs and to run for help should someone or something befoul the place.

But the lower level of the caves has another interesting area besides the waters befouled by the many dead bodies that have been dropped here over the years. There is a small set of rooms here secured behind a massive stone door. The door’s mechanisms are long damaged and can now only be opened from the inside. Here there is a stone archway and six glowing crystalline pillars. The archway acts as a gate to this world from several similar locations in the deep astral, the elemental plane of earth, and one of the azure hells. Those entering this way can easily exit through the door which closes behind them.

The 1200 dpi versions of the map were drawn at a scale of 300 pixels per square and are 9,600 pixels (32 squares) wide. To use this with a VTT you would need to resize the squares to either 70 pixels (for 5′ squares) or 140 pixels (for 10′ squares) – so resizing it to either 2,240 pixels wide or 4,480 pixels wide, respectively.

DungeonMorphs – Lairs Set 8

Lairs-Sword.jpg

This is it folks, the last of the DungeonMorph series drawn and redrawn for the 10th anniversary DungeonMorphs. This is the 8th set in the Lairs series, and the 24th set in total for this edition of the DungeonMorphs.

BUT we have big news! The Kickstarter has been fulfilled and now you can buy the dice, cards, books, and so on direct from Inkwell Ideas! I’ve got them all here now, and they are awesome!

These are redraws of the Dungeonmorph designs originally drawn by myself, Glynn Seal, Billiam Babble, Alyssa, and Joe Wetzel. I’m doing these redraws one “die” at a time. The geomorphs have been assigned faces on the DungeonMorph Dice, and I’m translating them not by artist, but by die. So this is the fifth die of the lairs set – leaving just three dice to go. (There are a total of 24 dice in the three sets – now available on the Inkwell Ideas store)

Like my classic geomorphs, these are a 10 square x 10 square unit with entries at squares 3 & 8 on each side. Unlike my usual ones, because of the printer requirements I’ve had to extend the geomorphs an extra half-square or so in every direction (bleed space for the printer) – to trim these back to the classic 10×10, use the last grid-line on each hallway as the trim indicator.

#Dungeon23 Dyson’s Delve II Level 4 Maps

Dysons-Delve-2-May.jpg

Well, my #Dungeon23 projects have died. Between health and commissions, I just haven’t been able to keep up with them. I didn’t release maps or descriptions of either dungeon in June, and I didn’t manage to catch up with them in the interim. But I still have the maps… And thus I present them here. Maybe I’ll find the time to get back to writing these in the future, once I’ve cleared my desk a bit.

This level is broken up into several sections that don’t immediately interconnect.

We have the main level (areas 1-15) that follows along with the previous primary levels and connects to the level above at 3, 5, and 8, and to the level below at 1, 12, and 15 (12 is a mezzanine that looks down over a large chamber on the level below).

Areas 15-22 are the deepest level of the “gaols” section, sitting directly below the wererats enclave on level 3. Secret doors down here reconnect the gaols section with the main dungeon area.

Areas 23-28 are the homes of the “dung goblins”, the little disease-ridden pests that are too nasty even for the Otyugh on level 3 to bother coming down here to eat (except when it is really annoyed, hungry, or bored). Area 23 heads up to the otyugh lair, and the caves continue down to the lowest level of the pit on level 5. Area 27 connects to a cavern that leads to the surface, which is how the dung goblins infiltrated this place to begin with.

Finally, areas 28 through 31 are the giant spider lairs that sit above the great hall on level 5. They watch down over the great hall, always waiting for food to wander in to their grasp…

The 1200 dpi version of the map was drawn at a scale of 300 pixels per square and is 10,800 pixels (36 squares) wide. To use this with a VTT you would need to resize the squares to either 70 pixels (for 5′ squares) or 140 pixels (for 10′ squares) – so resizing it to either 2,520 pixels wide or 5,040 pixels wide, respectively.

Remove ads