D&D 5E March 2022 D&D book to be announced on October 12 as per Amazon.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
EXCITEMENT INTENSIFIES

Sure it won't tide me over 'til November 5th, but it'll be something else to look at rather than hitting f5 on the kickstarter page...

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Well, this will be interesting. Monsters of the Multiverse is coming out in January, right? So it isn't that. Either a classic setting or and adventure.

I know: tremendous deductive reasoning ;).

It's definitely a new book. For one, we were told there would be a new book announcement this month. And two, it says it's being announced this Tuesday. No reason to do that if it is just MotM.

I'm leaning adventure, as the description says "What adventures await," but it could easily be a new setting too.

It's probably tied to the recent UA as well. So... SPELLJAMMER

It's definitely a new book. For one, we were told there would be a new book announcement this month. And two, it says it's being announced this Tuesday. No reason to do that if it is just MotM.

I'm leaning adventure, as the description says "What adventures await," but it could easily be a new setting too.

It's probably tied to the recent UA as well. So... SPELLJAMMER
Given that they teased the Boo cover art in the same Twitch stream, I'm guessing that this is that product as well. Which, again, leans towards Spelljammer.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
A release date of 15 March 2022. Isn't that kinda tight for it being connected to this UA? Five months out, including over the holidays. The UA dropped 8 October 2021. A week to argue about it online before they drop the survey. Say a week to argue about the survey. Anyone know how long it takes to get a few million books physically printed in the USA these days? With the supply chain apocalypse already delaying things, this will be pushed back at least a month.

The tagline is "Tune in on October 12 to find out what adventures await."

Could be a setting/adventure, a la Curse of Strahd. Could be an adventure anthology, similar to Candlekeep.

This is the Australian store that leaked the Gift Set title. They don't have anything new listed as yet.

A release date of 15 March 2022. Isn't that kinda tight for it being connected to this UA? Five months out, including over the holidays. The UA dropped 8 October 2021. A week to argue about it online before they drop the survey. Say a week to argue about the survey. Anyone know how long it takes to get a few million books physically printed in the USA these days? With the supply chain apocalypse already delaying things, this will be pushed back at least a month.

Could be a setting/adventure, a la Curse of Strahd. Could be an adventure anthology, similar to Candlekeep.

This is the Australian store that leaked the Gift Set title. They don't have anything new listed as yet.

If it's a hybrid adventure/setting book, then 95+% of it could be done, and all they need to do now is fine-tune the races. That's only a few pages of work that would still be left outstanding. I assume it should be doable if they get feedback fairly quickly.

Also, if it is the Boo cover book, I'm assuming that the DMs Guild Minsc and Boo product was supposed to be dropped after this announcement, and wires got crossed somewhere...

overgeeked

B/X Known World
If it's a hybrid adventure/setting book, then 95+% of it could be done, and all they need to do now is fine-tune the races. That's only a few pages of work that would still be left outstanding. I assume it should be doable if they get feedback fairly quickly.

Also, if it is the Boo cover book, I'm assuming that the DMs Guild Minsc and Boo product was supposed to be dropped after this announcement, and wires got crossed somewhere...
It could also be the standalone Monster book from the new Gift Set. Give the gift set a few months to get sales independent of the standalone. But yeah, could be anything. Really hoping it's Spelljammer.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

I'm not super informed on publishing, but I believe it's actually not too difficult to make last-minute changes to text before the printing actually happens.

I'm pretty sure they're planning on using certain races from the UA regardless of how they're received (giff for example), and are largely just going to make tweaks based on feedback. So this book is probably mostly complete.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter

That -is- a good idea. Spelljammer could be updated to 5e in such a book, with different Ships as Adventure areas and flying "dungeons", after all.

Add in just a few new races and feats and such... chef's kiss

Remove ads