D&D 5E March 2022 D&D book to be announced on October 12 as per Amazon.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It's what they said in the stream so I don't know. I'll find the news page quote for you.
No, I know that they're going to release the book on its own later on the year, I just don't think that they would do this sort of thing for the release of a book that we already know is coming.

There's no reason that they would put a leak on Amazon saying "tune in on October 12th for a new book announcement!" for a book that they've already announced and told us about. I think that this book is going to be different from Monsters of the Multiverse. Probably Spelljammer/Planejammer, or something like that.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
It's what they said in the stream so I don't know. I'll find the news page quote for you.
The question is: why make a to-do about the reveal of this book if it's just the standalone release of a book we already know is coming. That makes no sense. Why the cloak and dagger? Why the hidden title on Amazon. Why the cryptic "tune in"? If it's all for a book we already know the title of...it makes no sense. Much Ado About Nothing.

teitan

Legend
Are they making a to do or are they just announcing the release date? Witchlight got a to do, there really isn't an indication of a big announcement, they usually put that out a few weeks ahead of time. They would make SOME sort of announcement about the general release at some point no? This is kind of a "well it's October 11, late at night, let's make the announcement on October 12" feel to it. A lot shorter notice than something like a new campaign setting or adventure usually gets. This is more like Fizban kind of announcement where they were like oh, we have a book to announce in the middle and it has had little fanfare in comparison.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The question is: why make a to-do about the reveal of this book if it's just the standalone release of a book we already know is coming. That makes no sense. Why the cloak and dagger? Why the hidden title on Amazon. Why the cryptic "tune in"? If it's all for a book we already know the title of...it makes no sense. Much Ado About Nothing.

I absolutely 110% agree that it would suck if they did that. Unfortunately, I wouldn't put it past them. (Still, I don't think that's what will happen here. I expect Spelljammer.)

adventure time GIF

Looks like Amazon spilled the beans again, although these days they're being much more canny about it:

Dungeons & Dragons March 2022 Title: Wizards RPG Team: 9780786967865: Amazon.com: Books

I suspect Spelljammer or Dark Sun, but I'm generally wrong on my speculations, so it'll probably a module set in Jakandor or something.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
adventure time GIF

I suspect Spelljammer or Dark Sun, but I'm generally wrong on my speculations, so it'll probably a module set in Jakandor or something.
That's why I keep trying to squash any expectations I have. I want Spelljammer and Dark Sun and Al-Qadim and and and...which means it'll be yet another Sword Coast product.

Remove ads