[Market Research]Wind in teh Willows d20

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
This sounds quite interesting... Anyone care to tell me more about the setting, though? I think I've never heard of it before.

hong

WotC's bitch
Darkness said:
This sounds quite interesting... Anyone care to tell me more about the setting, though? I think I've never heard of it before.

I am not sure, but 1 theory is that the title is a euphemism for flatulence.

Falcon

First Post
I think playing a drinking, free-wheeling frog who owns a manor next to a river would be fun. I just need the feat and skill conversion sets. Mr. Toad is probably an Aristocrat, but that needs to be expressed in player-as-animal terms.

He will need Great Fortitude at the least.

hong

WotC's bitch
Falcon said:
I think playing a drinking, free-wheeling frog who owns a manor next to a river would be fun. I just need the feat and skill conversion sets. Mr. Toad is probably an Aristocrat, but that needs to be expressed in player-as-animal terms.

He will need Great Fortitude at the least.

Toad Hall

Last edited:

Maldur

First Post
slightly OT

A mate of mine is always asking for a "carebears" or "my little pony" game. So there should be a market for a more serious "animal" game.

A D20 TMNT and other strangenesses would be nice as well. ( the mutant- animal power are very good) if your doing some kind of modified animal game their worth looking into.)

btw The tmnt I mean are not those pizza craving fools :D, and the mutant-powers and the time travel system of the rpg are top notch.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
The only way to do it properly would be classless (of course, since classless is the best way to do all games).

You should make clear exactly which skills are appropriate to hunting, riding, mousing, and circus dogs (for example), though, so that I can conform strictly to those lists while evading the constricting form of classes.

Oh, and you have to make sure that toads get a hop attack.

No no no! This a book set in rural England at the turn of the Centuary. Thus Class is terribly important and should be a major part of character building.

Ariosto

First Post
The D20 System ethos seems to me at odds with the malleability of Graham's fictional world. It would be like putting a Van Gogh painting through a program to "clean up and sharpen" it into a Dali sort of surrealism.

Tales From the Wood is a fine rules-set for more firmly rooted, naturalistic adventures (as is the classic Bunnies & Burrows, for a Watership Down kind of thing).

Given my reservations, I reckon the best I can say is that I would have to see the product -- or at least a fair sample of it -- before I could judge.

Remove ads