Mars Returns?? Too good to be true??

Screamwhip

First Post
From Adamant's Website: "Our long-awaited roleplaying game of Planetary Romance, MARS, is under way again, and will be released in December!"

Is this really true? Or is outdated news from last year that was never changed?

redkobold

First Post
Make that three. Christmas is getting close. Are you still on schedule? Tell us a little about the mechanics like combat or give us the table of contents. Is it based on d20 Modern? Will it have a bestiary and gadgets section? Will there be other related Mars releases or web support?

Inquiring minds want to know!

GMSkarka

First Post
lyonstudio said:
Make that three. Christmas is getting close. Are you still on schedule? Tell us a little about the mechanics like combat or give us the table of contents. Is it based on d20 Modern? Will it have a bestiary and gadgets section? Will there be other related Mars releases or web support?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, it looks as thought it's probably going to be bumped to January -- I'd rather make sure it's done right, rather than rush it out to meet the Christmas rush.

That said, to answer your questions:

1) based on d20 Modern (with bits of Open Content from sources like Mongoose's CONAN, especially in combat)

2) Yes, it has a Bestiary and a section on Strange Science

3) It will be a fully supported line.

You can grab the free preview (which includes an overview of several races, a sample advanced class and a full-color map) right here at the ENWorld Download Shop.

redkobold

First Post
Woo Hoo! My christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Fully supported? What are other material are you considering for the line? General is good if you cannot be specific.

Kevin

GMSkarka

First Post
lyonstudio said:
Fully supported? What are other material are you considering for the line? General is good if you cannot be specific.

Adventures, to begin with. Beyond that, we'll be listening to what the fans want.

Jetboy

First Post
At last..!

The release of Mars is great news to close out 2006 with! I'm definitely ordering a copy when it's available. :D

Jetboy

GMSkarka

First Post
qstor said:
Any tie ins to the "Iron lords of Jupiter" from the old Polyhedron article?

MARS was largely written by Lizard, the author of "Iron Lords", and features some material from those rules, used with Paizo's permission.

Sketchpad

Explorer
Any chance of seeing a Hero System version of the book? I know that you work with Hero on the Pulp Adventure d20 Conversions. It'd be nice to see Mars done up as a Hero variant :)

mserabian

Explorer
Count me in as another voice pleading for an update! Some of us have been waiting a LONG time for this release!

Any chance we could see a table of contents with page counts while we wait? If nothing else it'll give us something to talk about beyond bugging you constantly!

(Garreth - Is it done yet?)

mal

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4