Martial Power and Races: Dragonborn and Tieflings

Byronic

First Post
I must say, I'm quite happy that Race is starting to matter beyond the first level benefits. Now we just need a Heroic Tier.

arcseed

First Post
It's even more obscene when used with a multiclass Barbarian, whose Pressing Strike at-will can be used with a two-handed weapon, and who gets many powers that automatically push and prone every round.

Wait. So the barbarian gets a 2-handed at-will that lets him push with HBO/glaive and Polearm Gamble? It's even worse with that epic thingy, but that's still pretty bad.

James McMurray

First Post
He also gets a stance that knocks anything he hits prone. Basically it means the enemies are going to kill another PC instead of bounce off of the barbarian's temporary hit points, because they can't get near the barbarian.

Zsig

Explorer
Invigorating--If you are trained in Endurance, you gain your Con mod in temporary HP when you hit with an Invigorating power. If you have the Battlerager Vigor class feature, these temp HP stack with other temp HP, and if you are wearing chainmail or lighter, you gain a damage bonus as long as you have temp HP. Yes, there is an Invigorating At-Will, which is just a generic attack with Invigorating.

Question:
Ok, Invigorating stacks with other stuff, but does it stack with itself?

Vomax

First Post
Question:
Ok, Invigorating stacks with other stuff, but does it stack with itself?

No, you are just allowed to have both 'temporary hit points' and 'Invigorating temporary hit points'. They follow all the same rules, you're just allowed two kinds.

arcseed

First Post
He also gets a stance that knocks anything he hits prone. Basically it means the enemies are going to kill another PC instead of bounce off of the barbarian's temporary hit points, because they can't get near the barbarian.

Ok. Thinking about it more, I guess it's not so bad. Or, really, only very situationally useful, if you've got a good enough bottleneck, and better ranged attackers than the other guys.

Doctor Proctor

First Post
Grr. Even worse, draconic arrogance stacks entirely too well with Trample the Fallen, giving that build 1[W]+2[STR]+CON tide of iron at level 16. Since your dragonborn fighter is gonna want a high con for the breath anyway, and that build wants wis and dex a little less...

Ouch.

This. I wanted to go Iron Vanguard anyway, since pumping Con works for that PP and it synergizes with the Dragonborn abilities. Now it's even more awesome!

I wish you could take two Paragon Paths though, because I really want to unleash my inner dragon as well...:.-(

Remove ads