Though there are some who feel that changes made by WoTC are enough, there are others who do not believe so. And I am not referring to damage but the concept of what a Ranger should be.
Additionally, I understand many do not like a Ranger without spells, but there are many who do. Secondly, you can still use this for a spell casting ranger. You would just have to exclude Talents for 9th, 13th, and 17th levels.
There are many homebrew versions of Rangers available with many similar abilities offered at various levels. Most agree what basic abilities or combinations, but level placement has been an issue. So why not create a class resembling the Warlock in which at certain levels you select the ability of your choice, as long as you meet the level requirement. Also, if you wish to select a 6th level ability for 10th level, you can and that is your choice.
Additionally, if there is a feature you wish your character to have, you can create it and, with approval from the GM, add it as aa talent option at the appropriate level. This also allows for future ideas about the class to be easily incorporated as oppose to needing to rewrite the entire class as well as potentially have diverse Rangers at the same table.
- Beast Master - revised
- Bloodrite - a half-vampire
- Dragon Blood - Paladin-like with a pact with Dragons
- Gloom Stalker - revised
- Hell's Warrior - Loosely based on Dragon Age in which you consume part of a demon to gain powers
- Horizon Walker - revised
- Hunter - revised
- Planes Walker - differs from Horizon as they are a traveler of worlds
- Primal Mystic - spell casting
- Ravager - Barbarian like ranger
- Seafarer - nautical
- Wayfinder - Guide and protector for your party like Pocahontas.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for Talents?