D&D 5E Martials should just get free feats

I'm tired of shackling a whole class for players who don't even want to learn the damn game. Moreover, where's my noob caster? My heal bot? Make 4 noob classes and release the fighter for people who enjoy tactics rather than designing it for a theoretical player who spaces out until someone tells them to roll to hit.
this is why I want a class (we can call it fighter) based off the champion fighter but ALSO a more complex warrior class (call it warblade, or warlord, or swordsage, or animeswordguy) and as long as we are spliting the class give us a half caster magus/swordmage/bladesinger/eldtrichknight

I suppose what I'm actually saying then is that the kind of changes you and I would like to see are far too sweeping to ever meet WotC's demands for public approval, in my view. You are much, much better off, both for your game and your peace of mind, if you turn to third party and homebrew for your fixing 5e needs.
I will not "go sit over there and shut up" and yes I knwo that isn't exactly what your wrote, but it ends the same.

we got 4e when 3.5 had people so annoyed at caster supremacy that everyone was speaking out. We now have many new players to get to win over... once we do we can tell wotc we want balnce.
Why would you need WotC to do it anyway?
becuase that is the defualt owner of D&D.
They're no better than any other content producer.
except they get to be the one that owns it... so instead of spending time and money trying to find "the one" company we instead can just stick to the one that we all agree owns the game...

if I was going to leave WotC it would be for TORG, or World of Darknees, or Savage Worlds... not a D&D like game.
Unless you play a lot of Adventuer's League (in which case you are in fact doomed) you can get your stuff from anywhere you want, from 3PP to other posters to your own imagination.

For players that veteran players keep insisting don't want to learn the damn game.

In my playtest where there is no simple class, but every class has guidance, I'm not seeing newbies have problems. The only issue I've seen is two powers with similar names tripping them up.
I regularly see newbies go for warlock and sorcerer and even barbarian over figher TBH

But Wotc will react to audience. 50k, 100k, 1M followers, then you may attract Wotc attention and may influence the game.
you know how you attract people to your cause... you talk about it (here, tick toc, facebook, game stores, cons)
For now Treantmonk a notorious optimizer have 67k followers. Critical role 1.94M. Guess which drummer will influence the future of the game.
so if I get the two guys that run games that talk about mechanics (the one that ran the spell jammer WotC game and the one that runs the CR game) to talk about caster supremacy and the need for a complex warrior class I just win then right?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
this is why I want a class (we can call it fighter) based off the champion fighter but ALSO a more complex warrior class (call it warblade, or warlord, or swordsage, or animeswordguy) and as long as we are spliting the class give us a half caster magus/swordmage/bladesinger/eldtrichknight
Splitting the fighter in this way has a very good chance of being read as, "here is the real fighter class, and here's the one for people who can't handle the real fighter class". Nobody wants to have that thrown in their face. Better IMO to just make a complex fighter and use templates to provide decision-free examples.

Micah Sweet

I will not "go sit over there and shut up" and yes I knwo that isn't exactly what your wrote, but it ends the same.

we got 4e when 3.5 had people so annoyed at caster supremacy that everyone was speaking out. We now have many new players to get to win over... once we do we can tell wotc we want balnce.

becuase that is the defualt owner of D&D.

except they get to be the one that owns it... so instead of spending time and money trying to find "the one" company we instead can just stick to the one that we all agree owns the game...

if I was going to leave WotC it would be for TORG, or World of Darknees, or Savage Worlds... not a D&D like game.
Hard disagree regarding WotC's so-called "authority". They just dropped 5e into the CC. The argument can easily be made that they don't "own" it anymore, if you were still under the impression that they did.

Hard disagree regarding WotC's so-called "authority". They just dropped 5e into the CC. The argument can easily be made that they don't "own" it anymore, if you were still under the impression that they did.
you can argue that all you want. If I am going to spend time and money to find new systems it will not be a D&D like one.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Splitting the fighter in this way has a very good chance of being read as, "here is the real fighter class, and here's the one for people who can't handle the real fighter class". Nobody wants to have that thrown in their face. Better IMO to just make a complex fighter and use templates to provide decision-free examples.
And the Champion doesn't do that already?

Micah Sweet

you know how you attract people to your cause... you talk about it (here, tick toc, facebook, game stores, cons)

so if I get the two guys that run games that talk about mechanics (the one that ran the spell jammer WotC game and the one that runs the CR game) to talk about caster supremacy and the need for a complex warrior class I just win then right?
Honestly, it would go a long way to changing hearts and minds. Not that I would want that, but our opinions are both worth exactly as much at the moment. I'm not looking for a platform to influence people from, however.

Remove ads