Marvel Movies

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Turlogh said:
Heroes For Hire (Power Man and Iron Fist)
The Iron First film is already in the works, starring our old friend Darth Maul/Toad as Danny Rand. If it does well I expect we will see Luke Cage in the sequel.

Villano

First Post
She-Hulk with 6 ft tall Marjean "Beastmaster" Holden in the lead.

EDIT: Cut out picture of Marjean. It was just waaayyyy too big.

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
Villano said:
She-Hulk with 6 ft tall Marjean "Beastmaster" Holden in the lead.

Is this the same Marjean Holden that had the role of the leader of the Mars resitience on Babylon 5?

If I could do any comic movie, I would do WATCHMEN, and do it right if money was no object. But it would have to be like 3 movies to get everything in.

Villano

First Post
KenM said:

Is this the same Marjean Holden that had the role of the leader of the Mars resitience on Babylon 5?

Yes and no. She was on B5, but not that character. She was one of the secondary doctors and was the main doc on Crusade.

She also did a guest shot on DS9, but I don't think I ever saw that episode.

IIRC, the Mars resistance leader was on another sci-fi show. That was the one with the cyborg mechanic and the guy who played Shang Tsung on Mortal Kombat as an alien. I don't remeber what the name of that show was. I think it was some kind of "space cop" show.

Oh, and here's a She-Hulk fact not many people are aware of. Some people know about the failed She-Hulk movie that was supposed to star Brigitte Neilson (if you saw the pictures of it, you're probably glad it didn't happen), but did you know there was almost a tv series?

Yeah, it was going to be a direct spin-off from the tv Hulk. It was around the time of the made-for-tv movies (Return and Trial, but obviously before Death). Bixby was going to produce and he wanted Melissa Gilbert to be Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk's human self).

It turns out that Gilbert felt the whole thing was beneath her. She was at a party making snide comments about it and acting insulted that they would even give her the script.

Ironically enough, a woman who was one of the co-producers was at the same party (it was in an interview with her that I heard about all this).

Anyway, with Gilbert bad mouthing the project, the series never happened. And, of course, Bixby closed out the series with Death and then died himself.

But, here's the interesting part, this woman said that they had already cast the part of She-Hulk. They even filmed test footage of her in She-Hulk mode. She couldn't think of the actresses name. All she could remember about her was that she was over 6 ft tall, had "Grecian beauty", was a volleyball champ, and was, at the time of the interview, doing Nike commercials.

That's right. Gabrielle Reece!

So, locked away in a vault somewhere is film of Gabrielle Reece, painted green, running around in torn-up clothes, smashing things and growling.

Who wouldn't want to see that?!:cool:

Turlogh

Explorer
Silver Moon said:

The Iron First film is already in the works, starring our old friend Darth Maul/Toad as Danny Rand. If it does well I expect we will see Luke Cage in the sequel.

Yeah I know, but Iron Fist has been in developmnet heck for a long time now.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Ranger REG said:

You're putting Ben Affleck's performance of Matt Murdock/Daredevil on the same level as Tobey Maguire's performance of Peter Parker/Spider-Man???

Nah, I was just being a smart-arse. But I do think Elliot did a good job as Thunderbolt Ross.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Phantom Stranger (or was he DC?)

Also saw 'Reign in Darkness' in the video shop yesterday - the blurb reads very much like 'Morbius the Living Vampire' (ie while looking for a cure for AIDS Dr. Micheal Dorn is transformed into a vampire etc etc) - anyone seen it and can comment?

Jamdin

Explorer
Tonguez said:
The Phantom Stranger (or was he DC?)

Also saw 'Reign in Darkness' in the video shop yesterday - the blurb reads very much like 'Morbius the Living Vampire' (ie while looking for a cure for AIDS Dr. Micheal Dorn is transformed into a vampire etc etc) - anyone seen it and can comment?

The Phantom Stranger is a DC character and a movie based on him would be cool.

I viewedReign of Darkness several months ago. It was a very action-packed vampire flick in the vein of Blade that was surprisingly good. Dorn has a cool costume plus awesome weapons.

TiQuinn

I know its supposedly in the works (in script form), but until I hear that it's actually undergoing filming, I won't believe it's being made, so I'm going to say "The Fantastic Four".

No idea who I'd cast for the main parts but the villain would have to be Doctor Doom, and personally I think I'd put Laurence Fishburne in the part.

Remove ads