Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel | Special Look

Yeah... there just might be some bias.

D1KXFpEUcAAT4bs.jpg

D1KXFpIUwAADL3I.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend

Idk what the solution is. Obviously some audience scores are being bombed but critic scores are also out of whack. See the Orville for example.

You still need a compelling story with a compelling lead or ensemble if you want a legit high score instead of critics softballing things. Obviously for a popcorn flick the expectations can be a bit different.

Generally I find a female lead is fine as long as it doesn't feel like a lecture or is to on the nose about it. Moana, Labyrinth, Aliens, Terminator 2 come to mind of things done well.

If you don't like strong female characters beats me how you become a fan of things like Star Wars/Trek, comic books, Sci fi TV shows in general.

Comes down to how you write it and promote it IMHO. Sometimes the problem is the actor (Hayden Christiansen), the character (Rey) or the script (The Last Jedi).

Not watching Captain Marvel because I don't do super hero movies and have only seen 3 of the MCU ones anyway and paid for 0 as my D&D group paid for the ticket or rental. The attention on it has kind of made me want to see it so I can see how the Thanos thing plays.
out. I have a bit of catching up to do though I have heard of this movie Iron Man never saw it.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No I just copy that what people who do post on other sites.

Well, in case you didn't know (which I know you do, as I'm very familiar with your posting history, but this is more for the benefit of other readers) both those sites have coordinated a negative campaign against Captain Marvel based on the lead character being female since long before the movie was released.

And the article you linked to? Doesn't contain what the headline says is contains.

So I'm going you need you to stop allowing this forum to be part of that propaganda tool. You can talk about the movie, not about this agenda. Thanks. :)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Captain Marvel is a smashing success at the box office. It has already made the same amount as Rogue One during the same time span, and 50% more than the Wonder Woman opening.

Zardnaar

Legend
Captain Marvel is a smashing success at the box office. It has already made the same amount as Rogue One during the same time span, and 50% more than the Wonder Woman opening.

The idiots trying to tank it may have gave it more publicity lol. That old saying "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
I was entertained.
This is a solid middle of the road superhero origin story movie. C+/B-, 7-8 out of 10. Nothing to get worked up about either way.

Here's hoping that the real Captain Marvel's movie next month will be better though.

I haven't seen it yet, but it pisses me off that there are so many idiots who review bomb movies by giving it a 1, regardless of their reason for doing so. First of all, I think you should actually see the movie before rating it at all. But secondly, by so obviously having an agenda you are undermining all the genuine criticism of the movie. Maybe the story is a bit predictable? Maybe the lead is a bit boring? All valid criticisms, but obscured by this nonsense of people who hate it just for the sake of hating it.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Saw it at the weekend with my 12 year old son and it's now his favourite Marvel film!

While I wouldn't go that far, as I prefer the (slightly) more grounded Captain America films, it is a good film that tries its best to avoid the normal linear origin story . . .

Definitely will enhance anyone's watching of Avengers Endgame

Remove ads