Master Tools?

Needleman

First Post
It doesn't cover itself. I'm not allowed to release "Confidential Information" which means damn near everything. I'm not allowed to give free copies of the program or any of the files therein. I'm not allowed to let anyone else use my copy. If I do, then, well...

From the NDA
DISCLOSEE acknowledges that monetary damages may not be a sufficient remedy for unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information and that WotC shall be entitled, without waiving any other rights or remedies, to such injunctive or equitable relief as may be deemed proper by a court of competent jurisdiction.

which means that they can sue me for whatever they feel that they can get away with.

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

I was a big fan of MT, but now I don't think I'd buy it at all. I certainly won't at the prices they've suggested - and if too many people think like me, they won't get enough money to justify doing it better. :(

What is the price they have suggested?

Davin

First Post
Needleman said:
...which means that they can sue me for whatever they feel that they can get away with.

It sound to me like the bit about "monetary damages may not be a sufficient remedy" means that even asking for property or other non-monetary court-mandated remedies may not be enough and they may take it out of your hide (scalping, breaking knees, removing appendages like tongues or fingers, etc.). Care to volunteer to provide a suit of hide armor? :) :) :)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Davin said:
It sound to me like the bit about "monetary damages may not be a sufficient remedy" means that even asking for property or other non-monetary court-mandated remedies may not be enough and they may take it out of your hide (scalping, breaking knees, removing appendages like tongues or fingers, etc.). Care to volunteer to provide a suit of hide armor? :) :) :)

LOL! I think it means that t6hey can sue for more than the retail value of a copy of MT if you let one person see it.

Needleman

First Post
It also means that they can sue for more money than they lost when they find out that you've been selling 500+ copies of the beta over EBay.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
At least there is movement on MasterTools and the beta is out.

Does the NDA say how long beta test will go on? Not that it is important, just would like to hope it will be out for GENCON.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Nope, the testing will go on as long as there is funding and hopefully most of the bugs will be fixed before the funding runs out. :)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Gee, Eric, that's really encouraging. "We had just enough money to finish 3/4 of the beta test, but not enough to finish the rest or sell it."

Olorin

Into the West
opinion of beta

Can Eric or one of the beta testers just give a general opinion about what they've seen of MT? No details that would be prohibited by the NDA, just something like, "Yeah, it will be useful for some people" or "Wow, this really doesn't look that good".

All I am really interested in at first is a good solid, full featured, easy to use character generator/maintainer. Some of my players just can't seem to do their skill points correctly, or update their characters as they level and I am hoping that MT is what they need.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I'm sure Eric would say that it's useful despite losing much of its functionality, and that he expcts it will still sell, despite the negative press it's been getting.

This is all based on his comments about MT when he saw its last version; the only reason I say it is that I'm not sure if he can even answer your question (Section 43, Subsection 5D: "Revealing anything about MT in any way, shape, or form will result in your termination. Fees (judged 'reasonable' in a court of law) to cover the expense of a professional hit man will be charged to your estate.") ;)

Remove ads