D&D 5E Material components

R_J_K75

Legend
"Any character brought to 0 (or fewer) hit points and then revived will
remain in a coma far 1-6 turns. Thereafter, he or she must rest for a full
week, minimum. He or she will be incapable of any activity other than that
necessary to move slowly to a place of rest and eat and sleep when there.
The character cannot attack, defend, cast spells, use magic devices, carry
burdens, run, study, research, or do anything else."
Wheres that from?

I figure that I wouldn't let someone attack without a weapon, or shoot a bow without arrows, or have a high AC without actually having armour, or open a lock without any tools, so why do spellcasters get a free pass?

I track costly components as a player and as a dungeon master. I track non-costly components when I don't have a component pouch or focus.

One gripe I have is that all too often non-player character wizards (and the like) don't have any of the costly components for the spells they have prepared listed in their descriptions.

It's on me as the dungeo master to do that. And it was more of a gripe for 3rd edition/Pathfinder, wherein there was always a list of equipment the non-player characters had on them. It rarely included costly spell components, and was obviously an oversight.

It's a bit more difficult to use components when the designers mostly forget to it too.

R_J_K75

Legend
I thought I saw this somewhere in the 5E PHB not long ago but I looked today and dont see it. Does anyone know how many pages a spell takes up in a spellbook in 5E and where to find it? Im starting to really hate having to comb through the PHB and DMG to find information that should be easy to locate.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I thought I saw this somewhere in the 5E PHB not long ago but I looked today and dont see it. Does anyone know how many pages a spell takes up in a spellbook in 5E and where to find it? Im starting to really hate having to comb through the PHB and DMG to find information that should be easy to locate.
I think 3rd defined it as 1 page per spell level. I'm not sure 5th bothers to define it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases