• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Max. Skill ranks feat

hyulf

Community Supporter
Thanks folks. I am aware of the Skill Focus feat which just gives the +3 (which is very helpful) but I was looking for a feat that allowed you go bypass/break the maximum skill ranks.

I saw the skill specialization in the Ultimate feats book and the Netbook of feats. It in along the vein I was looking for.

I don't have Spycraft but I will check it out.

I was asking about this feat because I want to run a lower level (1-10) and lower magic (mainly high quality crafted items) campaign. I am trying to maximize the Craft skill as much as possible.

Right now I would have for an Expert3 (human)

Human: Skill Specilization (Craft: Weaponsmith or Armorsmith or Alchemy) +2 to maximum ranks
1st: Skill focus (Craft: Weaponsmith or Armorsmith or Alchemy) +3 bonus
3rd: Metallurgy (Races of Faerun) or Savant Skill (Plot & Poison) or Master Artisan (Q. Gnome) or Master Craftsmen (Hammer & Helm)

So that would be
3rd level: 8 ranks
Skill Focus: +3
Ability Score: +0-+2

That gives +11 to +13. Not too bad for a 3rd level NPC.

The other reason I am doing this, is I want the PCs to take some of these and I wanted to see how broken it could become.

thanks for the help,
hyulf

Thanee

First Post
Well, maybe there is a feat that gives +2 to craft and +2 to another skill. There are too many of those to know for sure. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads