Maximum HP for 20th level?

Maniac

Explorer
Using just core rules and the class books what is the maximum number of HP a 20th level character can have not counting Magic Items.

The most I can come up with is 547 (587 while raging) for a
Dwarf Barbarian 6/Forsaker 10/Fighter 4.
At 20th level Constitution is 35 (39 while raging).
I took Giants Toughness 3 times and Dragons Toughness 4 times.

Just wanted to make sure I did the calculations correctly.

Thanks.

M.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
If you took Fighter levels in order to gain bonus feats to spend on Dragon toughness and similar feat, you are out of luck: These are not on his bonus feat list.

Droid101

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
If you took Fighter levels in order to gain bonus feats to spend on Dragon toughness and similar feat, you are out of luck: These are not on his bonus feat list.
Hm, yes they are.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Have you taken a look at a the bonus feat list of the fighter lately?

Toughness is not on it, much less the new dwarf, giant and dragon toughness from MotW.

Droid101

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:
Have you taken a look at a the bonus feat list of the fighter lately?

Toughness is not on it, much less the new dwarf, giant and dragon toughness from MotW.
Go read MotW. All feats in there marked with an asterisk may be taken as a fighter's bonus feats. Asterisks appear by all those named feats, and a few more in there, also. Please read the book thouroughly before posting.

Victim

First Post
All the new toughness feats in MotW are marked with a "*"

Feats marked with * are on the fighter bonus feat list (page 20, 2nd column, very top).

Maniac

Explorer
Now this is kind of funny. Plain old Toughness is not on the Fighter's bonus feat list but Dwarf, Giant and Dragon Toughness are.

In the first paragraph of the second column on Page 20 in MoTW it says
Asterisked feats on Table 2-1 are available as fighter bonus feats.

The other one I thought was odd as a fighter bonus feat was Multidexterity. Basically Ambidexterity for multi limbed creatures. I guess this is for Thri-Kreen Fighters? I guess since Ambidexterity is on it they had to put Multidex.

Do you think the Toughness feats were unintentionally added?

M.

Ziggy

First Post
Put a level of sorcerer in there and get a toad. It'll cost you (10-4)=6 HP, but you'll gain 20 Hp from increased CON.

.Ziggy

Remove ads