[May] What are you listening to?

Thanee

First Post
Tolen Mar said:
Its...like...its...like watching a train wreck...

LOL, well it's probably pretty weird if you don't understand anything (most song texts are also rather silly). ;)

But that video is pretty funny (it's also some years old by now, keep that in mind).

Bye
Thanee

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
A lot of songs, but mostly:

What Kind of Time, But One Man Does Not - Wild ARMs the Best: Rocking Heart
Manifest Imperial Floral Assault Group - Sakura Taisen OST
Commando In-Game - Christopher Tin
Wandering Ghosts - Castlevania Symphony of the Night OST
Battle with Liz and Ard - Wild ARMs the Best: Rocking Heart

Mallus

Legend
Uncharacteristically, I've been listening to a lot of new music lately. Like...

Andrew Bird, my new favorite band! For the past couple of days I absolutely can't get his 'Fake Palindromes' out of my head. When I hear that song want to crawl inside it... somehow, metaphorically speaking and all.

Final Fantasy, my new 2nd favorite band! It's... it's.... well.... picture a young Stephen Merritt from The Magnetic Fields playing D&D with the brother and sister from The Fiery Furnaces, then writing songs about selling real estate and video game characters and then... hell, just watch the video.

And in a totally different vein...

The Bird and the Bee. The kind of songs that Holly Golightly would sing. If she were real. I've also heard them described as 'cocktail music for plotting'.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Listening to Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. My wife got it because many of her students have read her books. She raved about Brandon Fraser's reading of the book, so I figured I'd give it a listen (especially since I read Inkheart and enjoyed it). She was right, Brandon Fraser is probably one of the best readers of an audiobook I have read to date.

BTW, avoid Edge of Battle by Dale Brown. I checked it out from the library when I was looking for something different. I thought the book itself was awful, and Michael McShane, the person who read it , was terrible making it that much harder to endure.

Pants

First Post
Vigilance said:
Snakes and Arrows, Rush's 18th studio album. Awesome.
Just picked this up and NIN's "Year Zero."

"Snakes and Arrows" is good stuff, haven't listened to "Year Zero" yet.

Next Tuesday I'll prolly pick up Megadeth's "United Abominations." Fan reactions seem mixed, but critics seem pleased. I'll find out if it's any good. I'll also be watching out for reviews on Ozzy's "Black Rain."

Nyaricus

First Post
I've bought over 20 cds in the last month ( :heh::heh: ) so right now I've kinda backing up and enjoying them all. Here's a snippet of them:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Deliverance
Gojira - The Link
Gojira - From Mars to Sirius
The Agony Scene - The Darkest Red
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Daath - The Hinderers
Deicide - The Stench of Redemption
Necrophagist - The Onset of Putrefication
DragonLord - Rapture
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Unholy Ghost - Torrential Reign

cheers,
--N

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Here's my current playlist of recent acquisitions

Bjork: Volta (eeee!)

Nightwish: Angels Fall First (my collection is nearly complete!)

Opeth: Blackwater Park, Ghost Reveries

Massive Attack: Mezzanine (replacement copy. my 90's copy just died :( )

K's Choice: Paradise in Me

Fettes Brot: Am Wasser Gebaut

Culcha Candela: Union Verdadera

Seeed: New Dubby Conquerers

The Cat Empire: Self Titled, The Sun

I also finally got my copies of Shim Eun Jin's album "Zeeny's" and Chatmonchy's "Chatmonchy has come" and "Miminari" from my favourite J and K-pop store, Morning Glory.

Remove ads