• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mayfair "Role Aids" products: Favorites? Conversions?

JoeGKushner

First Post
One book I forget, that I used for the whole of 2nd ed after it came out and a good part of my start in 3rd, was Blood and Steel. Came with it's own critical hit system and a buncha new classes and magic items and other good stuff. Great resource.

sjmiller

Explorer
The only Mayfair books I own are Fantastic Treasures I and Fantastic Treasures II. I am pretty sure I got these shortly after I graduated from high school, so that would be the early 80s. They were fun books to read through, and I might have used one or two of the mythological items in a game. It's been awhile since I used them.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
JoeGKushner said:
An Advanced Master Class with updates to the old Shaman, Witch, Assassin, and others would go into my instant buy list.

Same. I'd love to see them Update Holy Warrior since I think they did a good job with Unholy Warrior but man, current Holy Warrior needs to be almost like it to be just as good. Domain powers aren't cutting it.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Really?! I must have missed that.

Thanks Psion.

*still thinks though they should put that and Unholy Warrior in the book*

DMH

First Post
I bought 2 of the sets from that link and I have to say that my favorites are Dragons, Witches, Apocalypse, Archmagic and Lizardmen. Giants (and Wizards) reminds me too much of Giantcraft- too much setting material to be freely used in another.

pawsplay

Hero
Psionics is a remarkably good product for the time and format. I particularly enjoyed Orcs, as well, particularly the litany of orc hybrids.

EDIT: Is what I'm calling Orcs a chapter of Dark Folk? It's been so long.

pawsplay said:
Psionics is a remarkably good product for the time and format. I particularly enjoyed Orcs, as well, particularly the litany of orc hybrids.

EDIT: Is what I'm calling Orcs a chapter of Dark Folk? It's been so long.

Yeah, I believe the orcs section in Dark Folk.

joe b.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads