Mechamancy? Ala Grumpy Celt's version?

Frostmane

First Post
Hi,

So..is this mystery book the Grumpy Celt's magnum opus of summer 2004 fame? I confess I hope so..and that it didn't get -too- radically chopped if so! Loved his ideas..if it is you've got at least one definite sale here!

Verequus

First Post
Another question: Has been Mechamancy revised to be compatible with Steam&Steel? If not, then it would reduce greatly the value for me.

Frostmane

First Post
Heck, I wouldn't mind incompatibilities personally. Things have to be custom-fit and retooled routinely to suit an individual's campaign anyway. No need to be slavish about it, or crimp Celt's style with a straightjacket, stylistically speaking. Appendices can handle conversion notes agfter all. No offense meant, of course..just my two cents.

Verequus

First Post
No offense taken, but there are two problems for me, if I have to make both books compatible myself: Time constraints and the lack of knowledge, if I screw a conversion up - this can the author do simple better. Regarding playtesting my own solution, see problem #1. If such an appendix is included or a free document would be made available, then I wouldn't mind so much.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
A. Magnum Opus. No, this is not an opera involving gunplay.

B. Steam and Steel: It will be mostly compatible. I am not aware of any areas where the rules conflict, but Mechamancy does not repeat the item creation rules from S&S. There was some material about how feats and skills from one book could be used with the other book, but these sections have been trimmed for space reason. They may reappear in the future.

C. This is a book RangerWickett and I have worked on extensively. I hope you like it.

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt said:
A. Magnus Opus. No, this is not an opera involving gunplay.

Opus, operis. Neuter 3rd declension noun - work, task.

Magnum opus is perfectly correct.

*grin*

Now I've got to look at Steam & Steel again and see what exactly could have been made compatible.

Verequus

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Now I've got to look at Steam & Steel again and see what exactly could have been made compatible.

If you are doing this, then it would be easy to look, if there are incompatibilities between Steam & Steel and EoMR (I still haven't read it entirely through myself). In case, that that you decide, that an update of Steam & Steel would be appropriate, it would be nice, if the errata list, which has been provided by a customer, is integrated, too. And on another note, I'm still waiting for an answer in the "New skill feats"-thread.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Morrus said:
It is in layout at present. The next couple of weeks is a safe bet!

Emphasis on "couple." But I dropped in to tease that it is coming along swimmingly and the light has appeared at the end of the tunnel (and to mercilessly mix metaphors). Working as fast as practicable, but free time is at a premium for some reason this month.

Remove ads