Mechamancy? Ala Grumpy Celt's version?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Insufferably Pleased

Mr. Grimjowels (My Boss), accosting a new employee in the hallway: “Alright, Smithers! Buck up! Pay attention! This is mainly work were doing here! It is not for flakes! Do you hear me!”

Just then, Celt goes skipping merrily past them and down the hall, shouting out in a girly voice: “They published by D&D book! They published by D&D book!”

At extremely long last, ENWorld Publishing is releasing my book, Mechamancy. According to my editor, it will be available at DTRPG on Thursday and at RPGNow on Monday.

The book looks nice. I wish there were more internal art, but as it stands now the text is dense so people who buy it should get their money’s worth.

I would also like to thank Ryan Nock, for his patient and diligence in working with me and on the book.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's now available at DTRPG!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2648&affiliate_id=31188

mechamancy-thumb2.jpg

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Incidentally, I remember being surprised at how well the words worked out. Hēafod is the Old English root for the Middle English and Modern English word, “head.”

vect, or some variation there-of, was also an alternate spelling of a word such as “death” or “die,” but I can’t seem to find the reference. I think it may have come from a Dutch term, because several of there words for “death” and “dead” start with a ve, such as “verouderd.” I’m still looking for the reference.

It has been a while – more than a year, actually – and so I cannot remember exactly, but I believe I took vect, from the Latin word “vacuus,” a term for empty, devoid of or free from. The word sounded like Vecna.

So the term, Vecthēafod is a rather bad contraction for “no head.”

Edit: However, the name vecna comes from a Serbian term for “eternal.” (So when Choo-Choo is shouting “I am eternal” in the July 15/16 – 2003 comic, he’s shouting “I am Vecna” in Serbian.) So Vecthēafod could also be rather bad contraction for “eternal head.”

Last edited:

Frostmane

First Post
Feedback..and a request

Hi Celt
I like it, first of all but I couldn't help but notice: The 'living machine outsiders' for 'Summon Machine' are listed in the table, but not included anywhere in the book. Could we get them in a web enhancement perhaps, or an additional volume or something? Its a wonderful product, but I really could wish that hadn't been trimmed :) A compendium of further devices of mechanimancy would be wonderful too.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I’m working my way through some revisions on the living machines that come in the wake of using them in a game recently. Hopefully we should have something soon.

Remove ads