Media Player Recommendations

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'd like to add a little review of headphones.

As I mentioned, earbuds annoy me. I don't like having something stuffed in my ears for that long, it becomes an irritation that eventually I cannot stand. When the player first arrived, all I had was the earbuds, so for a couple days that's what I used.

I had ordered a pair of clip-on headphones to go with, and they arrived. I'm very happy with my purchase.

The clip on, open "cans" of these headphones mean I can hear a whole lot more of my surroundings than with earbuds. This means I have to crank the volume up higher than working with buds, but as a pedestrian, the gain in safety is definitely a plus.

The real gain is in sound quality - a huge improvement over the earbuds, more rich, full sound by a long shot. It turns out that 20 years ago, Koss had found a really good design for inexpensive headphones, and it has survived in the marketplace through to today (as Koss Porta Pro) for good reason. These are the same technical design, without the band around the head. I've had higher end, noise canceling full cup headphones that didn't sound as good.

The ultimate win - these things cost a whopping $13 and change on Amazon!

Koss KSC75: I am sure you can buy better headphones, but in terms of value, I'm not sure they can be beat.

Remove ads