Meet GF9's New D&D DRACOLICH!

Gale Force 9 has a new Dungeons & Dragons miniature - the Dracolich! This $90 resin miniature is from the D&D Collector's Series, made of 14 pieces, and is limited to just 1,500 units. "Even as long-lived as they are, all dragons must eventually die. This thought doesn’t sit well with many dragons, some of which allow themselves to be transformed by necromantic energy and ancient rituals into powerful dracoliches. A dracolich retains its shape and size upon transforming, its skin and scales drawing tight to its bones or sloughing away to leave a skeletal form behind. Its eyes appear as glowing points of light floating in shadowy sockets, hinting at the malevolence of its undead mind."

You can find it in GF9's online store here for $90.

71033j.jpg

71033k.jpg

71033o.jpg

I'm not fond of the ruins though. I want my miniatures neutral, without a backdrop. Also, why did they paint it blue? If anything, I'd want to avoid it being confused for any particular color of dragon. The creature looks great though. But I could do without the dramatic pose. I want my miniatures purely functional, so I can place them onto dungeon tiles without is looking out of place.

It's blue because it's a model of the blue dracolich in the Neverwinter MMO. *puts on second pair of nerd glasses and pushed them up his nose* And as you can clearly see from the dragons bone structure and horn formation it was once a blue dragon hence why it's painted blue.

*Explodes in nerd rage at being trolled* ;-)

It's blue because it's a model of the blue dracolich in the Neverwinter MMO. *puts on second pair of nerd glasses and pushed them up his nose* And as you can clearly see from the dragons bone structure and horn formation it was once a blue dragon hence why it's painted blue.

*Explodes in nerd rage at being trolled* ;-)
Well, listen here, kid. That there's a dracolich, which means it's made o' bone. An' that means it ain't no blue; it's bleached-pale bone. An' I don't see why I have to correc' their mis-stake by strippin' the paint off and puttin' little red dots on the eyes. Yahear?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, listen here, kid. That there's a dracolich, which means it's made o' bone. An' that means it ain't no blue; it's bleached-pale bone. An' I don't see why I have to correc' their mis-stake by strippin' the paint off and puttin' little red dots on the eyes. Yahear?

Maybe blue dragon bones are blue?

dave2008

Legend

Are you joking? The bones are bleached-pale, but there is still skin/scales remain, so that skin/scale is blue. Is that really so hard to understand?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases