Meet GF9's New D&D DRACOLICH!

Gale Force 9 has a new Dungeons & Dragons miniature - the Dracolich! This $90 resin miniature is from the D&D Collector's Series, made of 14 pieces, and is limited to just 1,500 units. "Even as long-lived as they are, all dragons must eventually die. This thought doesn’t sit well with many dragons, some of which allow themselves to be transformed by necromantic energy and ancient rituals into powerful dracoliches. A dracolich retains its shape and size upon transforming, its skin and scales drawing tight to its bones or sloughing away to leave a skeletal form behind. Its eyes appear as glowing points of light floating in shadowy sockets, hinting at the malevolence of its undead mind."

You can find it in GF9's online store here for $90.

71033j.jpg

71033k.jpg

71033o.jpg

Imagine buying a dragon lich for every color of dragon and painting them all according to what color the dragon used to be. From a practical point of view, I'd paint it simply the color of rotting flesh, so it can represent any kind of dragon I want. This is just a bizarre choice of paint scheme. I bet the dragon looks a lot better if it is painted bloody and brown, with hints of green, and with pale bones.

But they can leave out the castle ruins. I don't want a diorama, I want a miniature. If my players encounter a dragon lich in the snow, then this miniature will just look out of place. Just give it a black base, and no scenery.

D'karr

Adventurer
It's a resin miniature. It comes unpainted and you can paint it anyway you want. Of course there will be those that bitch and moan that it comes unpainted. You can't please everyone.

dave2008

Legend
No. I posted in a silly faux old man "accent" because my statement is intended to be taken entirely seriously.

And in closing, I would like to say a few words, and here they are:

Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you.

OK, I missed it. Sarcasm is a bit more difficult to discern through text.

dave2008

Legend
Imagine buying a dragon lich for every color of dragon and painting them all according to what color the dragon used to be. From a practical point of view, I'd paint it simply the color of rotting flesh, so it can represent any kind of dragon I want. This is just a bizarre choice of paint scheme. I bet the dragon looks a lot better if it is painted bloody and brown, with hints of green, and with pale bones.

But they can leave out the castle ruins. I don't want a diorama, I want a miniature. If my players encounter a dragon lich in the snow, then this miniature will just look out of place. Just give it a black base, and no scenery.

I too would prefer it without a castle, but it is in fact a diorama (collectible) not a miniature. Yes, you could use it as a miniature, but that is not why the are making it.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I like the red dragon they made although I have yet to put it together and paint. It does come with 2 bases, the treasure base in the painted pics and another with just it standing and can be used anywhere you want to fight a dragon :)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases