Mega-Adventure Prologue--The Council and the Fellowship

Rystil Arden

First Post
Dorrin said:
...It’s time to toss the dice.”

*At first, no one responds to Dorrin's comments. Instead, the Hendrallian delegate asks Xanthar:*

"Uhh...well, I kent say I much care for other troops in Hendrallia. If this League was to be, couldn't the men in Hendrallia be good Hendrallian men instead of...traitors?"

"If you were to donate men instead of coin to the league, we could station your men preferentially in Hendrallia if you desired, yes," Xanthar agrees.

"Shouldn't we talk about the proposal from the man in the back representing Orussus?" Andric wonders, "I know he was supposed to go through his delegate to make a new proposal, but...what of it?"

"His proposal for the elves needs no attention. It is nothing short of laughable. Some of the gathered representatives need to realise that if the shards have stayed safe for so many centuries, they are safest where they remain. The expeditions to retrieve the shards are not harmless--the knowledge of their location, or worse the gathering, could cause irreparable damage."

"And his change of terms seems self-defeating. The wager is...a poor idea. It would then be in the interest of the one nation to ensure the Lichwyrm's return, for preventing it will force them to pay all the costs. It's best to levy a small cost to all participants in either forces or funds. If we stop the coming threat, it's even better that we didn't require the additional forces. Anyone who does not want to help will be forced to consider the fact that the others have a significant build-up of defense forces. They would have to be feeling pretty vulnerable at that point."

"Oh, I see...What about you, Baron? Do you agree with him about defending Hendrallia?"

"Course I do. I've always told em that we need more people for defense and less for expansion, but they never listen. I may not agree with these Witch wyrms, but I still know we need to protect ourselves from the threat of the pointy ears."

Bront

The man with the probe
Vanitri stands up

"I am Vanitri Duskrider, a Freefolk as well as an Academy Graduate. I have no doubt of the evil that lurks hidden in this world, as I have seen it first hand. Nor do I doubt the words of Rayne, for she has been both good council and an ally in times of need."

"I don't speak for a large nation, or even a powerful city, but I can speak for the 'folk, as I have earned that right, and lead a caravan myself. The 'folk are a family, as spread out as we are. And families come together in a time of need. I can offer the assistance of the folk in this cause. We can spread the word of what is happening faster than most, and we can be quite resourceful."

"It is a small offer, but I feel this is too big to not take every precaution imaginable, and it is in the spirit of cooperation that this Council was called into session for."

Heckler

First Post
Rinya takes one last look around before muttering, "Dammit Richard," under her breath and rising.

"I should like to be heard," she announces as she walks up to the front. "I am Rinya Starflower, formerly of the Grugach, Tribe of the Fox. I would like to share with you the words that the copper dragon, Terrimandinosus, shared with me and my companions.

He claimed that a great darkness is gathering and that there are dangerous signs throughout the world. The dragons are waking, and the forces of death are gathering their soldiers.

The dragons are preparing to defend themselves. It would be foolish for any of us to not do the same.

I know there are some here who will doubt me because of my heritage. I would invite you to take whatever means you have at your disposal, magical or mundane, to verify that I am being truthful."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Vanitri stands up

"I am Vanitri Duskrider, a Freefolk as well as an Academy Graduate. I have no doubt of the evil that lurks hidden in this world, as I have seen it first hand. Nor do I doubt the words of Rayne, for she has been both good council and an ally in times of need."

"I don't speak for a large nation, or even a powerful city, but I can speak for the 'folk, as I have earned that right, and lead a caravan myself. The 'folk are a family, as spread out as we are. And families come together in a time of need. I can offer the assistance of the folk in this cause. We can spread the word of what is happening faster than most, and we can be quite resourceful."

"It is a small offer, but I feel this is too big to not take every precaution imaginable, and it is in the spirit of cooperation that this Council was called into session for."
"There is probably no need to unnecessarily alarm the people and cause a panic. As long as people know that there is a danger but that we are protecting them against it and taking precautions, I think that should be enough. Dire proclamations of doom will frighten people and lower productivity, and I'm not sure there would be a great gain. Still, simply having that channel of communication open to us in case we eventually need it will be an advantage," Xanthar offers.

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Well, I am sorry to say, he has died.
In the end, he was a hero, and I hope that his loved ones are able to learn that he died bravely."

*He bows his head slightly.*

The gears of Michael's mind slip slightly and he stands, utterly at a loss for where to begin.
"Ummm..." he temporizes.
"No." he replies flatly.
"Not exactly. In fact, not at all."

Feeling this statement needs a little softening, he continues.
"But that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. Sorry to disappoint."
And he is, which he would not have expected to say to anyone from Fallon pretty much ever again.

Michael brings his heels together with a click and bows.
"Michael Grannion: Commander of Sela."
Best form would include "At your service" but Michael has neither forgiven nor forgotten Fallon at Duvik's Pass, even when the tale is recounted this flatteringly.
I swear something in the water just breeds wild stories...

As the Council calls itself to order, Michael steps back behind Rinaldo.
"I fear you have been misinformed, sir. I will be pleased to speak with you at your convenience."
Unless Roselynn gets her licks in first.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
The gears of Michael's mind slip slightly and he stands, utterly at a loss for where to begin.
"Ummm..." he temporizes.
"No." he replies flatly.
"Not exactly. In fact, not at all."

Feeling this statement needs a little softening, he continues.
"But that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. Sorry to disappoint."
And he is, which he would not have expected to say to anyone from Fallon pretty much ever again.

Michael brings his heels together with a click and bows.
"Michael Grannion: Commander of Sela."
Best form would include "At your service" but Michael has neither forgiven nor forgotten Fallon at Duvik's Pass, even when the tale is recounted this flatteringly.
I swear something in the water just breeds wild stories...

As the Council calls itself to order, Michael steps back behind Rinaldo.
"I fear you have been misinformed, sir. I will be pleased to speak with you at your convenience."
Unless Roselynn gets her licks in first.
"Wait, what?" Andric seems a bit at a loss, "I don't understand..."

*There is no time for more than that at first, but during the recess, he returns to speak to Michael.*

"I'm afraid I'm at a loss. Did you say that you were Michael Grannion? If that is true, then how did you survive that explosion? The troops were sure that must have been you destroying the evildoers, especially when you never returned again and the evil was gone too. I have testimony from a good number of reliable soldiers, and other than some uncertainty and inconsistency about that bit with how you were captured by the orc shaman and his mad lieutenant, it seemed like it was pretty clear..."

Azmodaen

First Post
Ashmodai - Maenad Lvl 1 Wilder

Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Ash can't sneak in during the recess. He was either there at the beginning or, I'm afraid, isn't getting in)

OOC: *shrugs* oh well guess I'll have to wait outside. damn waking up late

Bront

The man with the probe
Azmodaen said:
OOC: *shrugs* oh well guess I'll have to wait outside. damn waking up late
OOC: as was mentioned earlier. Just because you're late to the thread doesn't mean you character was late to the meeting. You're in. I think you need to be in to be included in the adventure. Don't worry about the continuity of it. For something this large, some handwaving has to happen.

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo, L3 human rogue

Gosh, what a bunch! And these guys govern us?? Pff..

Jallembo stands up and clearing his throat says to the assembly: "Hum, hum... err, hi,
err I mean hello, Ladies and Gentlemen..

Err, my name is Jallembo. I don't belong to any specific order... err, I am just, err,
an honest man earning his living in Orussus...

I have heard the proposals and counter-proposals to this grave threat.. And to me
the representative of Medibaria has offered a wise option: reinforce our home defenses but
create small and reactive forces to fetch the shards.. To me this is the best solution.

The cultists have probably gathered some information or are working on extracting more
from you to locate the shards, so it's only a matter of time before they are found.
Then, defences need to be reinforced at home. That's for sure..
And last, yeah, err, yes, small groups need to go after these shards. These groups need
to be carefully selected, be small so as not to attract the attention of the cultists, be well
protected against any foul magic, and err.. be rewarded to ensure their loyalty and motivate
them in regards of the perils of such a job...

Err.. I, myself, could help gather and select some of these people, if need be. That's all from
me."
Jallembo concludes as he sits back trying to look as serious as possible.

Dargon

First Post
Having had the chance to cool down after her encounter with the Sage Nura is ready to say something again.
Nura marks that she want to say something. when recognized. She stands up.
"I am Nura Emzotel, a shop owner in Orussus. Everyday I am gone from my shop it costs me money but Better to waste resources then being dead. I agree with my friend Jallembo, and I too is willing to help the best I can. But what should we do if we get the remaining shards. The cultists will still have the phoenix shard and they will still pose a threat. As I se it we need to make them fear us and not the other way around, we should not only find Lichworm’s shards but also locate his minions."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases