Blog (A5E) Memories of Holdenshire on Roll20

The official Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition starter adventure, Memories of Holdenshire, is now available on Roll20. Welcome to Holdenshire When the adventurers awake in the catacombs below Northminster, they must unravel a mystery and escape the law! After frantic wagon chases, a wilderness journey, friendly hags, and a village fair, can they recover their memories of Holdenshire? A starter...

The official Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition starter adventure, Memories of Holdenshire, is now available on Roll20.

Welcome to Holdenshire
When the adventurers awake in the catacombs below Northminster, they must unravel a mystery and escape the law! After frantic wagon chases, a wilderness journey, friendly hags, and a village fair, can they recover their memories of Holdenshire?​
A starter adventure for 1st-level characters, this book gently introduces some of Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition's new rules.​
You can play this adventure using the 5th Edition core rules or with Level Up.​
The adventure is designed assuming you know how to play 5E, and it gently introduces new Level Up rules and concepts to you as you need them during play.​
And don’t forget to use the official Level Up character sheet, also available on Roll20!​

BUY NOW!

1.png

2.png

3.png

Bast L

Villager
Hey. I just wanted to mention, the module on roll20 has very low res maps (the hex map is lower res than the free download from the A5E site, for example, the dungeon maps were very blurry), aren't aligned to grid, and don't have dynamic lighting set up. Perhaps half of the monsters are lacking images too. It's been a fun first session, but with an hour or two of work, this module could be fixed (especially the maps issue).

Also, I can't find initiative on the monster sheet.

Larnievc: This site has some reading/maps/resources, but it's for PF1, I think. To Slay A Dragon

Last edited:

plyrs

Explorer
Are there any plans for a release of the monster book on roll20? Trying to gauge if I should start hammering out all the monster tokens on my own or just make them as needed until the rest officially release.

plyrs

Explorer
Check the resources page & scroll down to the monster menagerie vttt tokens first
Those are photoshop templates and pngs of all the images in the monster book. I already have those and have been using them to make them one by one in roll20 by hand. Still a valuable find though.

A little late on this but I just picked it up and issues with the Level Up sheet aside the Roll20 conversion is, frankly, straight up incomplete. Not only are the maps low res as mentioned, but the tokens are not setup with creature stats (no AC, no Hitpoints), there is no dynamic lighting , these are basic things I would expect from any professionally released adventure I pay for on that platform. Part of why I use Roll20 is I don't know local people to play with (and with Covid it would probably be a bad idea if I did), but a big part of it is that frankly, I don't have time to set those things up myself, so I buy adventures that set it up for me.

Not trying to sound harsh or overly confrontational there, it's just that s much as I love the system itself it's disappointing to see other related aspects be so lacking.

Nebulous

Legend
I noticed Holdenshire mentions a continuing adventure path after 3rd level called To Save a Kingdom. What is the status on that adventure currently?

PQuix

Villager
A little late on this but I just picked it up and issues with the Level Up sheet aside the Roll20 conversion is, frankly, straight up incomplete. Not only are the maps low res as mentioned, but the tokens are not setup with creature stats (no AC, no Hitpoints), there is no dynamic lighting , these are basic things I would expect from any professionally released adventure I pay for on that platform. Part of why I use Roll20 is I don't know local people to play with (and with Covid it would probably be a bad idea if I did), but a big part of it is that frankly, I don't have time to set those things up myself, so I buy adventures that set it up for me.

Not trying to sound harsh or overly confrontational there, it's just that s much as I love the system itself it's disappointing to see other related aspects be so lacking.
Seconding this. I just bought it last night to run this week and the maps are of terrible quality. There are also some sections that could do with more links like the end of Act 1 section linking to the Guard statblocks.

I also cannot seem to find the "Legends and Lore" section for the Khalkos in Roll20. Actually everything relating to the monsters except the statblocks themselves seem to be missing, or I am blind. If that is the case, then I have not gotten what I paid for and I will be looking to refund/chargeback.

Remove ads

Remove ads