Level Up (A5E) Memories of Holdenshire: When do you level up to level 3?

ElliottBalding

Explorer
Reading through the starter adventure as I plan on running it soon. On-Page 6 the overview seems to indicate they level up to 3rd during act 3, but reading through the act I can't find it. Would it be after the kobold encounters?

Since it doesn't say, I started tracking XP for the party after they leveled up to 2. They almost have enough from random encounters to level, and this week is the kobolds, which will give them enough. So, as far as I could tell the adventure doesn't say, but that's where it's happening for our group.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
Sword of Spirit's got it! Act 2 is a journey which some parties may embrace and spend a long time doing, whereas other groups won't and instead just get where they're going. While it's possible to advance to 3rd level during Act 3 (or even before then should the adventurers spend a long time on the journey!), it's only a certainty that the party reaches 3rd level by the end of Act 3.
After the kobold encounter should be fine. If you're going to do it during Act 3 (and if experience doesn't factor into how you're doing leveling) I think the big bit would be to get them that level before the Barrowdeep.

Remove ads