Merchant prestige classes (Idea)

Norm

First Post
Hello there everyone.
I have been going over an idea that I had for a bit and wanted to put it out to you all to see what you think.

What do adventurers do when they retire?... They can do all sorts of things, run an adventurers guild, hold a political office, start a business... etc,...

The starting a businaees thing is what had me thinking about an adventurer planning for his future before hes ready to retire. So how about prestige classes that offer more merchant type bennefits.
For example, feats, abilities, and skills that do things like,
- give bonuses in the players town of operation because of his networking abilities on charisma based skills
- bonus skill points each level to spend on Craft and profession skills
- a barter ability that allows the player to barter a higher price for his treasures. some gold amount of percent above the base value per prestige class level.
- Give the player a shop to run in his town of operation.

I had a bunch more ideas for abilities, but I am drawng a blank. If the idea goes well I'll come up with some specifics.

As far as how saves increas and Base attack bonus, I would have it work just as the PC is advancing in their base class, just with different abilities.

What do you think ?

- Norm

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
There were a couple of Merchant classes written up in the oD&D Mystara setting. Darokin (which I bet I spelled wrong) and the sea kingdom that wasn't Irendi (misspelling ahoy!)

If I remember correctly they delt mainly with moving a lot of stuff from point A to point B and divinations.

Remove ads