[Meta] How many story hours do you read?

How many Story Hours Do You Read Regularly?

• 8 or more

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • 5 to 7

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • 2 to 4

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Just one

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • One, But I browse several others

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • None, I only browse

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 2 to 4, but I browse a handful more

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • 5 or more, but I browse a handful more

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I only post to my own, and don't pay attention to any others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey all!

I thought I'd put the new poll function to good use here in the Story Hour Forum and see how many story hours people tend to read. . .

So answer the poll above and then post which ones you do read and how often and maybe why. . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
So, I guess I'll start. . .

I read Old One's Faded Glory regularly
Along with Sagiro's Story Hour, of course.

I browse, Samnell's "Meepo's Story Hour", Pirate Cat's Story Hour and (cntxt)'s "Liberation of Tenh" (I used to read this last one regularly - but the long hiatus got me lost and I did not have the energy to go back and re-read the whole thing - perhaps one day I will).

I also read "The Story of Ratchis" - which is the background for one the chracters in my own campaign - but I love re-reading in serial form. . esp. since Roy batty (who posts it) is getting to the part I have not read yet. I hope he transfers it over to the new boards soon.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I read the Unusual Heroes, and yes, I'm a player in that campaign so it doesn't count... but I only browse others. I poke through Pcat's and Zombie Toddlers now and then. I browse around.

Old One

First Post
Way too many...

I read, in no particular order, the following:

• [*] Old One's Faded Glory Story Hour (of course:D)
    [*] Rel's Faded Glory Story Hour
    [*] Piratecat's Collected Story Hour
    [*] Contact's Liberators of Tehn and Risen Goddess Story Hours
    [*] Sagiro's Story Hour
    [*] Nemmerle's Out of the Frying Pan
    [*] Dr. Midnight's Knights of the Silver Quill
    [*] Plane Sailing's The Kyri Chronicles
    [*] Oghma's Posy's Diary
    [*] Byzantium on the Shannon
    [*] Wulf's Collected Story Hour
    [*] Samnell's Meepo's Story Hour

I browse:
  • Kid Charlamagne's Story Hour
  • RangerWickett's Savannah Knights and Tide of Homeland Story Hours
  • Broccli Head's Heroes of the Vilhon Reach Story Hour

I miss both Ancalagon and Tor Bladebearer's Story Hours!

Old One

Hi,
I read Dr Midnight's, Wulf's and the Unusual Heros. I used to read some others but I didnt have enough time. Still maybe it is a good time to start reading some more. Anyone got any suggestions on what to read?
Cya:D

Lazybones

Adventurer
Greetings,
I only discovered this board a few months ago, so I'm still catching up on some of the "classic" story hours. I've read Wulf's threads, KotSQ, Posy's Diary, and I'm currently almost current with Kid Charlemagne's.

Other threads I've looked at and will probably read at some point are the Old One's campaign, the Unusual Heroes, Sagiro, Piratecat, Undermountain, and the Heroes of the Vilhon Reach.

Now that I'm writing my own story, I have less time to browse, but it's a great way to kill that dead time at work... :)

Thanks to all the great authors who have brought their campaigns to the board! I hope that everyone who contributes will find readers and have a good time.

Cor Azer

First Post
I mostly just read PirateCat's and Sagiro's Story Hours, but I've browsed Tor Bladebearer's (on the old boards), and the two RangerWickett has been involved in.

Talindra

First Post
Well, I read three of the storyhours for the games I play in, so they don't really count, I suppose, but they are:

Journals of the Five: A Forgotten Realms Tale
Hidden Monkey, Severed Head... An Oriental Adventure
Tokiwong's Story Hour... aka Big trouble in little Cormyr

I also read:

Travels through the Wild West: a Forgotten Realms Story
Enforcer's Wheel of Time Story Hour [NEW!]

All of these I check on a daily basis, even if SOME people are a little slower posting than others *cough* (Tokiwong)

Sayburr

First Post
I have to admit, I only post mine incase someone wants to see how the Kalamar modules go and I only read Bill Clark's which is another Kalamar campaign. I sure wish I had more time to read others, though, because I do enjoy them when I get the time to go browsing.

Tuerny

First Post
I read the following ones regularly:

• Kid Charlagmane's Story Hour
  • Piratecat's Story Hour
  • Sagiro's Story Hour
  • Runic Story Hour

All of them share an interesting, imaginative setting, compelling charachters and an interesting plot.

I browse the Out of a Frying Pan campaign but so far it has failed to grab me as much as those four.

Remove ads