• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Meta Plot for game system; Lend me your Genius

taliesin15

First Post
Dogbrain and Stormborn's ideas were pretty good...

blargney the second said:
On topic, it sounds like Chaos is winning in the endless battle against Law. Did Law's forces screw up, or did Chaos' servants succeed at one of their endeavours?
now this is similar to what I had in mind. The Gates were established and run by a coalition of Lawful Mages and Clerics of Major Lawful deities, and pretty much controlled by them. The forces of Chaos tried for eons to wrest control, to no avail, until the Gods of Neutrality decided that it was causing an imbalance in the Universal Space-Time Continuum (influences from Hitchiker's Guide tingling in the back of my skull here, trying to resist...).

So, there was a recent overthrow of the Guardians of the Gates and the forces of Chaos not only wrested control over the Gates (perhaps they appear like Orange banners like that installation last year in Central Park?) but they reprogrammed its operating system so that recurrent deeply imbedded bugs make it function randomly--so sometimes it operates randomly, sometimes stably. It flickers back and forth.

The party stumbles ithrough the Gates right at its initial moment of Chaos--at some point in the near future, the Lawful Mages and Clerics show back up at the controls and are employing QAs to try to fix the problem. But it will take years, and possibly a diplomatic agreement with the forces of Neutrality to make it perform less randomly. But of course it will never be fully controlled by the forces of Law again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads