• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
ConnorSB said:
Awsome. Amazing as ever. You just keep upping the ante, don't you. I think what I like best about your stories is that I end up rooting for everyone, however conflicted that may be. I want Pyrak to win, but I want Bel to win too. I want Hazragal to win, but I want the balor and the parelyon to win as well.

Or if not win, then do awsome things.

Great Job,
Connor

PS: Gonna update your monster thread any time soon? I'm still waiting on the Beetle Kobold God thing. But I can wait a bit more, if thats what it takes. Great Job!

Thanks, I am glad you like.

Any bets on the Pyrak Vs. Bel fight. :D

Dirge

P.S. Check out the rogue's gallery.

the Rob

First Post
my wager: Pyrak wins. He has the major advantage of easy flight, assuming his vrocks can at least slow down the Nycaloths to keep them out of the personal combat. Not only that, but the massively powerful sentient sword might be a big help too.

as always Dirge, excellent story!

OurManMute

First Post
Bump.

And a minor nitpick (sorry Blackdirge ;) )

Why do all the demons in the bloodwar walk around with cold iron weapons? If I remember the MM correctly, devils are susceptible to silver weapons (while demons are susceptible to cold iron). Of course, cold iron sounds so much better than silver, and I guess demons don't want to look like sissies, but still...

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
OurManMute said:
Bump.

And a minor nitpick (sorry Blackdirge ;) )

Why do all the demons in the bloodwar walk around with cold iron weapons? If I remember the MM correctly, devils are susceptible to silver weapons (while demons are susceptible to cold iron). Of course, cold iron sounds so much better than silver, and I guess demons don't want to look like sissies, but still...

No problem.

I was using the term "cold iron" more for descriptive flair than anything else. I wanted to create a vision of the huge lumbering goristroi wielding blackened cold hammered iron. It seemed more savage and better suited to their brutality and barbaraism.

But you're right. Smart demons would wield silver. Oh, well.

Dirge

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Somehow, I can't imagine the text having the same descriptive thrill if they were silver. Silver seems, as the previous poster said, kinda wimpy. I'm sure it works fine when you're shining in plate mail with a holy symbol on your chest, but with demons....

Remove ads