Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Quartz said:
Just a suggestion, but how about doing what the author of Errant Story does? Once the book has been on the market for a while - perhaps when book #2 comes out - serialise book #1 here, a bit at a time.

You haven't actually read this Story Hour, then? :D

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Update

Ok folks, book 1 is done, edited, and according to Morrus, in the layout stage.

Oh, and becasue editors never get the praise they deserve, I just want to say that Jeremy Forbing has done a hell of a job editing the first book. My prose has never looked better.

In addition to the novel, I've included tons of crunchy bits to go along with the story, including full stats for all the major characters, and a few of the minor ones too. ;)

I'm hard at work on book 2 now (The Tides of Chaos), trying to figure out which major character to kill off next.

Just kidding...maybe. :]

BD

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:
Ok folks, book 1 is done, edited, and according to Morrus, in the layout stage.

Oh, and becasue editors never get the praise they deserve, I just want to say that Jeremy Forbing has done a hell of a job editing the first book. My prose has never looked better.

In addition to the novel, I've included tons of crunchy bits to go along with the story, including full stats for all the major characters, and a few of the minor ones too. ;)

I'm hard at work on book 2 now (The Tides of Chaos), trying to figure out which major character to kill off next.

Just kidding...maybe. :]

BD
Awesome. Can't wait to see it in all its glory :).

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Virgin Territory

Well, I've finally gotten to the point where I'm writing all new material rather than just revising what's here in the story hour. I'm 7 chapters into Tides of Chaos and things are shaping up much differently that I had originally planned.

Writing the novels on a deadline had forced me to - gasp! - get organized and do an outline for books two and three. It's kind of nice having an idea of what each chapter is going to look like rather than writing it on the fly, which is how the story hour took shape.

Book two will feature all the characters from the first book plus the additional of two more major players. Fans of the story hour can probably guess one, and the other I think will be a bit of a surprise, especially for Hazergal. ;)

BD

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Teaser. ;)

And if they bother You more, just ask ... and my demonic hordes will force them ! :lol:

P.S. Hope that organisation didn't hurt Your excellent imagination ? :heh:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Rikandur Azebol said:
Hope that organisation didn't hurt Your excellent imagination ? :heh:

No, quite the opposite actually. The structure allows me to be more creative. I can focus my imagination on fleshing out the concepts in the outline rather than always attempting be super-creative on the fly. Plus, as the story gets bigger and bigger, it helps me keep track of everything and allows me to avoid continutiy problems.

BD

Remove ads