Metamorphosis: From Dretch to Demon Lord - Ascension Released!

pogre

Legend
BD,

Forgive me for posting this - I cannot access my PM right now. Perhaps my account has run out? Who knows?

Good work.

I am really looking forward to this book!

pogre

edit: took out typos ;)

Last edited:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
pogre said:
BD,

Forgive me for posting this - I cannot access my PM right now. Perhaps my account has run out? Who knows?

Good work. I know you have editors, but let me be rude and point out a typo or two I noticed:

pogre

Thanks, Pogre.

I don't think the sample chapter was given anything but a cursory edit. I'm sure the typos you caught, along with anything else, will be addressed in the final version.

BD

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Opinions?

Hey guys,

I'm curious to know what some of you, especially my long time readers, think of the novel adaptation for book 1. How do you think the story reads as a novella?

Personally, I think the first novel was the most challenging to write, simply because it encompassed three years of writing, and the styilistic changed that happened within that time. The next books have been approached as pure novels, and I think they will be much tighter as a result.

Anyway, I was looking back over this thread and at the comments you guys have left, and I just want to say thanks for all the kind words and encouragment sent my way over the years. I often find myself returning to this thread when I have an off day or run into writer's block, and reading the comments here always gets me going again. :)

BD

BLACKDIRGE said:
Hey guys,

I'm curious to know what some of you, especially my long time readers, think of the novel adaptation for book 1. How do you think the story reads as a novella?

BD

Hey BD! Well, my deluxe hardcopy arrived from LuLu only yesterday, so I can't give you a full report right now, but I was very pleased by the first 20+ pages and skimming through the bonus content. I promise to come back here when finished. Can't wait for #2 deluxe!

I will say that some of those stat-blocks were way higher CR's than I had imagined, but that's definitely not a bad thing... In fact you got my old create juices flowing thinking about a campaign theme where I can actually use this crunch... Some ( necessary I know ) changes do seem a bit off the wall ( an advanced horned demon in make-up? ) but make for interesting reading.

Cheers,

BFG

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Book 2 blurb

Hey all, book two is done, and it is in the hands of the editor. If you weren't aware, there's a sample chapter available; there's a link to it a few posts back.

Here's the back cover blurb for book 2, which gives a few hints about the story.

Dark forces gather…

Now a powerful demon in his own right, the former archmage Hazergal Redfist has become immersed in the brutal politics of the Abyss. With each fiendish transformation wrought upon his body, he gains more power, yet loses another vital piece of his humanity. Allied with the rogue devil Gemnez and an infamous abyssal ruler, Hazergal continues to unlock the mystery of his destiny and harness the awesome power slumbering within him.

But now an ancient evil has been released from an eons-long imprisonment, and the lower planes are threatened with a power of godlike proportions. The battle lines are drawn, and Hazergal, along with a number of unlikely allies, must thwart the machination of an enemy as old as the multiverse itself.

As the threat of a plane-spanning war looms, a specter from Hazergal’s past appears, and he must choose between his thirst for vengeance and the familiar trappings of the life he left behind.

I've just started writing book 3, and I'm still trying to figure out how to wrap up this lower planar mess I've made. :)

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Stegger said:
Do you know what date it will be released?

Well, the book is finished, and it's in the hands of the editor now. I'm not sure how long that process is going to take; it took a little over a month last time. As soon as I have a firm release date, I'll post it here. I'm sure Morrus will announce it as well.

BD

Remove ads