• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MI6 / Universal Exports

Galastro

First Post
I´m gonna start a campaign where my agents will be employed by the British Military Intelligence, MI6. The front company will be Universal Exports (yes, where the famous Mr Bond works). They will operate in the secret and small department called something like "FX Department". I´m not gonna use high-level magic, maybe some psionics. I want a combination of X-Files/Bond/Horror/Illuminati. More like Shadow Chasers with a twist.

Now I´m a little bit stuck where to begin.

Do you guys have some input.

//Galastro

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
We play a campaign inspired by Deus Ex. It's actually the second take cause the DM who started it for the first time suddenly had no time after we played the initial session. But it sure was cool.
The Scenario:
One character, a Doctor, was going to meet with a collegue in a hospital, when suddenly a loud bang, as if something exploded, rolls over them and shatters the windows. Guys in black (completely disguised) storm the building. Seconds later, another group, more casually clothed, storms, too, and the two factions start to fight each other. Several people got hit, including the character - with a poisoned arrow. As he was gradually losing consciouseness, he saw that one of the black guys used some spray on the floor.

The other characters are working for police forces, and get called to the scene, where some explosion was reported.
As it turns out, the numerous witnesses saw nothing of a fight or invading troops, but only saw the doctor lying on the floor, grasping for something. No blood or other clues for such a presence was found (for which the doctor blames the mysterious spray).

As it turns out, the doctor had no poison inside him, and even the puncture hole where the dart struck him isn't to be found - everything indicates that the doctor is hallucinating.

Later on the session, the Doctor experiences several other "adventures", like being chased by disguised terrorists who shoot him in the shoulder, only to find out it hasn't really happened (in the hospital where he's brought it is found that he doesn't have a wound from a bullet. The other time, it's a revelation about his blood values that hasn't happened... As he thinks of the events again, he finds, to his amazement, that he doesn't remember them as he did before...

Cause the campaign died because it really started, we never found out what was up with the doctor - is he insane, is there a device that can alter reality, is there some Psi or Magic at work - but it was a really nice start into the campaign.

StevetheNPC

Explorer
Galastro said:
I´m gonna start a campaign where my agents will be employed by the British Military Intelligence, MI6. The front company will be Universal Exports (yes, where the famous Mr Bond works). They will operate in the secret and small department called something like "FX Department". I´m not gonna use high-level magic, maybe some psionics. I want a combination of X-Files/Bond/Horror/Illuminati. More like Shadow Chasers with a twist.

If you can get ahold of it, check out the DarkMatter campaign setting. Unfortunately it is no longer produced, and it was made for the Alternity system, but it would still be a great resource for the type of game you describe. http://www.wizards.com/darkmatter/

I don't have a URL handy, but there are a couple of places that sell PDF versions of all the old Alternity books, and I assume DarkMatter would be one of them. I'll look around tonight if I get the chance.

Good luck!

Remove ads