D&D General Michael Moorcock live twitch interview Oct 8th by Goodman Games Sanctum Secorum!

I think they'd work better as TV series.

I would love to see the armies of Gran Bretan and all the sorcerous machines, marching and destroying.
Well, it seems unlikely that Moorcock himself isn't the reason behind their non-appearance. My guess is he's not that interested in handing off his characters and themes. I mean, while his work IS quintessential S&S, a lot of it is not really all that simplistic. It would be easy to mangle! I seriously doubt anything he's done since the 1980s would really translate to the screen very well in any case. It may be a bit late for some of the early stuff, he's far less known today than he was 40 years ago.

Aldarc

Legend
True. I cannot see Moorcock actually wanting to see his works converted to a different medium.
It feels like there are already so many rock bands that have converted his works. Plus, there was the French comic by Julien Blondel - Elric: The Ruby Throne - that Moorcock said provided the best adaptation of the Melniboneans.

I don't think that Moorcock is opposed to having his work converted. I think that the problem is much higher on the corporate, film-making side as well as the similarities to some pretty prominent "homages" to his work:
"Heard today that some companies are turning down Elric project because it reminds them too much of GOT and The Witcher. A pretty irony. So much for “homages”...."
~ Michael Moorcock

True. I cannot see Moorcock actually wanting to see his works converted to a different medium.

They made a movie out of the Jerry Cornelius novels of all things called ‘The Final Programme’ in the 70’s. It’s meant to be a mess, and Moorcock apparently didn’t like the film.

I’m a fan of his novels, but really don’t need to see them adapted to the screen.

It feels like there are already so many rock bands that have converted his works. Plus, there was the French comic by Julien Blondel - Elric: The Ruby Throne - that Moorcock said provided the best adaptation of the Melniboneans.

I don't think that Moorcock is opposed to having his work converted. I think that the problem is much higher on the corporate, film-making side as well as the similarities to some pretty prominent "homages" to his work:
I just think he's like many creators, he isn't that interested in doing someone else's version. Now, as I said, maybe at this point Elric et al are no longer current enough to really command a profitable audience.

Still, Netflix and all have made all sorts of garbage into shows.

Voadam

Legend
I really liked the 2004 Elric prequel graphic novel Elric Making of a Sorcerer.
1663778589479.png

There have been A number of comics and other media tie ins or tie in attempts.

I think a lot of the Elric Chaos stuff would be great for animation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases