D&D General Michael Moorcock live twitch interview Oct 8th by Goodman Games Sanctum Secorum!

teitan

Legend
Does anyone think (or know) whether this is an indication that Goodman Games are going to release some Moorcock-related RPG material? I'm an absurdly huge fan of Mike and his work and loved Mongoose's take on the material but I'm always up for some more takes on the Multiverse.
The DCC system would be the best system for it in my opinion as it is already written with Moorcock in mind, especially the Elf class, its just a Melnibonean emperor in Elf clothes after all.

I think of all the fantasy stuff out there Elric, more than any other, lends itself to TV's nature better than the rest. The books, especially the classic 6 (or 7?) are shorter than the epic sprawls that they seem to want to adapt to the small screen like GRR Martin or Witcher. They won't have to butcher the stories to fit the 10-13 episode format. The darker more horror elements would really play to the modern audience that bought into GoT and The Witcher without looking like... The Witcher or GoT. The story is unique, it has visual flair, it has pathos and an operatic breadth and the doomed ending is certain but how it ends, well, it won't be like GoT where only a few saw that swerve coming from Season 1.

I'd add Lankhmar to that list too, wonderful set up there for a series even thought it doesn't really have a conclusion.

Last edited:

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I think of all the fantasy stuff out there Elric, more than any other, lends itself to TV's nature better than the rest. The books, especially the classic 6 (or 7?) are shorter than the epic sprawls that they seem to want to adapt to the small screen like GRR Martin or Witcher. They won't have to butcher the stories to fit the 10-13 episode format. The darker more horror elements would really play to the modern audience that bought into GoT and The Witcher without looking like... The Witcher or GoT. The story is unique, it has visual flair, it has pathos and an operatic breadth and the doomed ending is certain but how it ends, well, it won't be like GoT where only a few saw that swerve coming from Season 1.

I'd add Lankhmar to that list too, wonderful set up there for a series even thought it doesn't really have a conclusion.
I agree on all points. Both are also sketchy in a lot of their larger worldbuilding, which means less canon to violate and some more room for creative expression by show writers and designers.

With them having done Lankhmar and Empire of the East, and Dying Earth on its way, an Elric-based DCC RPG would be awesome, and a perfect fit. There's been no official word, just people saying how awesome it would be.

Does anyone think (or know) whether this is an indication that Goodman Games are going to release some Moorcock-related RPG material? I'm an absurdly huge fan of Mike and his work and loved Mongoose's take on the material but I'm always up for some more takes on the Multiverse.

Voadam

Legend
With them having done Lankhmar and Empire of the East, and Dying Earth on its way, an Elric-based DCC RPG would be awesome, and a perfect fit. There's been no official word, just people saying how awesome it would be.

Dying Earth is on its way? Good to hear. I like the DE RPG stuff, but I always wanted more straight D&D Vance stuff than the one d20 vat magic book that was put out.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Dying Earth is on its way? Good to hear. I like the DE RPG stuff, but I always wanted more straight D&D Vance stuff than the one d20 vat magic book that was put out.
It is. I backed the Kickstarter. Last update to the KS page was Aug 22.

All the DCC Dying Earth books are now at the printer!​

Whew. This is a HUGE project and it took many steps to accomplish this goal!

Thanks to everyone who helped proof all the books to get us here. Especially all the fans who sent in all the typos they found!

Technical details: all the books are at the printer. We still need to design the boxes, which we'll do once the printer gives us the specs. And there are a few other minor things to work through. But the vast majority of the content - the hundreds and hundreds of pages of it - is all ready for the printing process to work its magic!

There is lots more to come, and we will update you on PDFs, dice tubes, and other such things soon.

Remove ads