Midnight in the City of Brass is available now!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Miniature Giant Space Hamster Press is proud to announce

Midnight in the City of Brass

https
://www.dmsguild.com/product/264496/Midnight-in-the-City-of-Brass-AlQadim-and-Forgotten-Realms-Digital-Sourcebox

MitCoB Cover.jpg

Genies! Lovers! Monsters! Assassins! Fire! It's all here!

Join us in the City of Brass, where wonder lies around every corner and even the lowliest beggar could be a demigod in disguise! This fully illustrated and bookmarked PDF contains a Tier 2 adventure module and a comprehensive sourcebook to the efreet capitol. Within it you will find:

• A lavishly illustrated 32-page adventure module that begins when the PCs are summoned by an efreeti sorceress who is promptly assassinated - and must find a cure for the poison before time runs out!
  • 9 monster entries, featuring a total of 18 monster stat blocks!
  • New player options and subclasses including character "kits" that can be added as a PC's adventuring career develops!
  • Three new subclasses tied to the power and mystery of genies!
  • A whirlwind tour of the City of Brass, including plot hooks and developments for more than 20 wards and districts!
  • A new City of Brass poster map (downloaded separately from the adventure/sourcebook) featuring almost 100 keyed locations!

Here are some exampled of what people have told us:

"The best adventure I've played in years!"

"The egg chamber was my favorite encounter I've run in 5e"

Players and Game Masters agree - Midnight in the City of Brass is "a top-notch adventure, with everything you need for when a group goes off the rails."

Pick up your copy today at https://www.dmsguild.com/product/26...lQadim-and-Forgotten-Realms-Digital-Sourcebox

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Sounds intriguing.

The goal was to mimic the feel of the old Al-Qadim sourceboxes, and I think we did a pretty good job. In playtests the adventure generally took 8-10 hours start to finish, though we had a guy run it in a single 4 hour session (cutting out large portions of it, of course), and someone else said it took them almost 12 hours because the players just wouldn't stay on task and kept getting in legal trouble.

The sourcebook section is intended to help out with those sorts of occasions; each of the wards has 6 plot hook/encounters laid out so if your players do decide to just bum around you aren't left totally on your own. We also packed the text with enough bits and pieces that you can easily branch off and follow a bunch of different directions if you like.

It's designed mostly using 2nd Edition sources with a touch of later-era cosmological references and such. We discussed integrating Scales of War more fully, but in the end it didn't seem necessary - we have a sidebar that touches on the inconsistencies.

Plus it has a poster map. I felt that part was important.

City of Brass Map CL E Size.jpg

You may recognize this map as being for sale by itself on DMSGuild, but that was part of the agreement I made when I commissioned it for the project.

Check it out! I'd like to hear more opinions.

cooperjer

Explorer
Thank you for putting this together. Since Necromancer Games / Frog God Games announced their City of Brass for 5e on Kickstarter I've been wanting to run my Kobold Press Southlands group through an adventure in that setting. I was running short of time to put something together that was intriguing enough and keep up with normal life. I look forward to using this adventure in the next several months.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Thank you for putting this together. Since Necromancer Games / Frog God Games announced their City of Brass for 5e on Kickstarter I've been wanting to run my Kobold Press Southlands group through an adventure in that setting. I was running short of time to put something together that was intriguing enough and keep up with normal life. I look forward to using this adventure in the next several months.

You're welcome, of course - and thank you for your interest!

I have the 3e Necromancer CoB book, and it is amazing. MitCoB should fit right in with your campaign no problem, even around the 5e Frog God stuff, but it most directly draws from 2e Al-Qadim stuff (with a dash of Planescape for good measure).

Happy gaming!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Hello again, everybody!

If you were looking for more information on Midnight in the City of Brass, you should check out the free preview here!

You'll see the introduction (including the vital list of 6 Things Every Visitor Should Know), a chapter of the adventure, samples from the monster appendix, samples from the new character kits and subclasses, a sample from the gazetteer section, and more!

Check it out! It's free!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Added to my Wishlist, hoping to purchase some items from that ever growing list soon!

We appreciate the interest!

You might also check out Offbeat Encounters; it's a collection of 10 unusual drop-in confrontations made to work as anything from a one session pick-me-up to a new campaign direction. We don't have a free preview of it exactly, but we do have two free promos that are essentially additions to it. You can find them here and here.

Happy gaming!

Last edited:

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Since we released Midnight in the City of Brass, a few people have asked about our handling of the sha'ir, and why we made the choices we did - specifically, reintroducing the idea of character kits and bundling pact and patron for the warlock subclass.

I discuss those choices and present an all-new wizard subclass in a new free supplement, available now! This supplement also includes the sha'r kit and warlock pact/patron from Midnight in the City of Brass, as well as the free gens monster entry. I also provide suggestions for using the genie-blooded sorcerer archetype as a sha'ir and decouple the pact/patron for the warlock option for anyone interested in that approach.

You can pick it up here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/271421/The-Shair-Warlock-and-Wizard-options

The Sha'ir Cover.jpg

Remove ads